Sign in to follow this  
fAntani01

Prepar3d V4 Blurry Textures

23 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

Hi Michael !  Good to know. I am running it enabled on my GTX980 4 GB and all looks good.  Where did you find about that ? I will try it disabled to see the difference...

Mike

E.g. here

https://fsnexus.com/p3d-v4-texture_size_exp-tweak-comparison-screenshots/

The high-resolution checkbox corresponds to TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 which is said to need 6 GB. There are more places to find this value, I recall also a statement by Poppet Elaine here at AVSIM.

Well, but if it looks good.. I would say go on :ha:

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'm at a loss here with the whole photosceney malarkey. I have to admit at being a nonk when it comes to scenery design, I have no idea. However, I am at a loss to understand what is 'at play' when it comes to producing photoscenery vs landclass scenery which uses photo textures? I mean, as far as I understand, all landclass scenery that Orbx uses is effectively photo textures. From what I see, most is of higher resolution to a lot of photoscenery. Are the photoscenery tiles bigger than landclass tiles created with photo textures? Perhaps photoscenery tiles load slower into the memory than lanclass tiles? I don't know. As I say, I don't pretend to understand scenery design. But clearly, something loads slower for photoscenery than for landclass. I recently did a test where I turned all autogen to 0, all hungry things like dynamic lighting, volumetric, fog, shadows, traffic etc etc. and it didn't make any difference to the speed of photoscenery textures loading, well, maybe a tad, but not what would be expected by turning everything off to such an extent. It is a complete anomoly, which is made more frustrating by LM actually not 'coming clean' and telling everyone what the real issue is, rather than simply saying that they acknowledge there appears to be a problem.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776