Sign in to follow this  
Toquinha

Invisible 757 and 747 - nothing fixes this?

Hey guys!

I no stranger to flight simulators, but I'm starting fresh with FSX since many, many years ago and my first impressions with addon aircraft for FSX:SE aren't good.

The game downloaded fine, game's files verified. FSX itself runs really good, all aircraft (AI included) are there, no problems AT ALL.

Then I downloaded the iFly747 and the JustFlight757, but both are completely invisible. If I press F10 I see the 2D panel on the 757 and the gauges seem to work; if I press F10 on the 747, the panel is there but the gauges are black.

What I already tried doing:

- Enabling/disabling DX10 Preview;
- Enabling/disabling shadows;
- HIGHMEMFIX=1
- Installing all the SimConnect MSI installers inside the SDK folder;
- Installing VisualC++ 2005
- Running FSX with Vista compatibility mode;
- Re-Installing FSX;
- Re-Installing the aircraft;
- Setting all graphical settings to the lowest possible;
- Installing SP1 and SP2 (which didn't work);
- Installing msxml;

I'm still trying to figure why this happens. This is so frustrating!

FSX runs really well here on Ultra High settings, 60FPS+ at 1080p. I don't know why this would happen.

If anyone's got an idea, please tell me.

Thanks!

I moved to xplane several months ago, but I'll just say I ran into problems with some payware aircraft displaying when I started AS16 before starting FSX and when I ran in full screen mode instead of windowed mode.  Perhaps a couple of AltEnters would help.  Good luck.

Come to the iFly support forum here: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/ and register your purchase and we'll be happy to help you. You obviously have multiple issues with your installation.

DJ

3 hours ago, Partially said:

I moved to xplane several months ago, but I'll just say I ran into problems with some payware aircraft displaying when I started AS16 before starting FSX and when I ran in full screen mode instead of windowed mode.  Perhaps a couple of AltEnters would help.  Good luck.

Thanks. I'm very into X-Plane, have almost 1000 hours on it.

Tried the AltEnter trick, didn't work :/

Cheers!

3 hours ago, ubersu said:

Come to the iFly support forum here: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/ and register your purchase and we'll be happy to help you. You obviously have multiple issues with your installation.

Thanks, but it's the free 747. For some reason the website has 2 downloads, both 50 MB. The first one, called "fly74711.zip", showed numerous virtual cockpits but there's none. Then I installed the second one (called "boeing_ifly_747-400_v1.1.0.0_fsx_p3d.zip") and I was able to select the virtual cockpit; however, the displays are black, even though I followed the instructions to the word and installed FSUIPC.

Meh. No thanks. I'm too old to keep fighting with old and poorly designed software. I downloaded FSX:SE and a few aircraft expecting things to "just work", but that's clearly not the case after 12 years of FSX being around. Interestingly enough, some of the non-complex freeware aircraft, like this one, or this one, work just fine, extract and play, like in X-Plane.

So now I'll have to fly the standard aircraft, because sadly I don't have money to buy good ones (PMDG costs 300 bucks for me) and there aren't any good free and payware-quality aircraft out there for FSX (that works) even after all these years.

I found it worked perfectly fine in both 2D and VC.  Did you start your flight in the 2D cockpit for the IFly 747?  If not, then change your FSX/Settings/Customize/Aircraft setting to start flight in the 2D cockpit then change to the VC.  Check to make sure you have the IFly747.gau in both the panel folder and the VC folder.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: