Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Just Flight's C152 released!

I'm so glad a developer has decided to push this one out considering its not a particularly awe inspiring aircraft. I hope the flight modeling is as good as it looks. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

2 hours ago, SolRayz said:

I hope the flight modeling is as good as it looks. 

Not quite, some C152 characteristics are not worked out that well :

The "be prepared" for flaps reaction. One notch of flaps should raise the nose quite a lot and you need to counter that.

And to control pitch with throttle, you can`t use that accordingly. Doesn`t feel quite right.

But overall nice Addon. Lovely memories to recreate the first solo 20 years ago. Feels like yesterday :)

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

We had at least three real-world C152 pilots on the testing team, myself included, contributing feedback to get the flight dynamics as close as possible to the real aircraft within the constraints of the simulator. I think we've done a pretty good job but we'll continue to improve the FDE based on any feedback that we receive. 

Thanks 

Martyn 

Martyn - Just Flight

Hi,

What'is really différent  with this of carenado ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

6 hours ago, supersym said:

Hi,

What'is really différent  with this of carenado ?

This is probably best answered by someone who uses both product as I am clearly biased, but the Carenado version (and our previous C152) was first released a decade ago so (and this can hopefully be judged by the screenshots, videos and product description) our version has a considerably more detailed model with all 3D instrumentation and higher resolution textures, and many other things that you'd expect after a decade of progress throughout the FS industry. It has more functionality too - ours can be considered 'study-sim' in the sense of being fully functional - simulated electrical system with circuit breakers, engine management such as priming, spark plug fouling etc, dimmable instrument lighting etc etc.

A demo should be available soon which will do a better job of demonstrating the differences.

Thanks
Martyn

Edited by Martyn JF

Martyn - Just Flight

13 hours ago, mikealpha said:

One notch of flaps should raise the nose quite a lot and you need to counter that.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with this. I have over 100 hours instructing in 152's. We used to demonstrate the "balloon" effect by reducing power to 2100 RPM, maintain level flight and once the speed reduced to the white arc, we'd apply full flap. This would result in a significant "balloon" effect which we had briefed the student on prior to flight. Unfortunately, what I see when replicating this is for the aircraft to immediately enter a descent.

David Porrett

I can't speak for the 152, but I know A2A's 172 and 182 certainly exhibit considerable ballooning when lowering flaps. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The v1.2 update for the C152 is now available - https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000069094-cessna-152-changelog

Changes include:

• Improvements to night lighting
  • Small gaps around some gauge bezels - fixed
  • Magneto selector/ignition can now be controlled using magneto increase/decrease assignment
  • Numerous FDE improvements, including:
    • Pitching caused by flaps increased
    • Lateral imbalance caused by only one pilot reduced
    • Angle of minimum drag adjusted
    • Pitch up with throttle increased
    • Gear compression values adjusted
    • Wheel rotation speed fixed
  • Slip ball tube - texture fixed (now white)
  • Elevator trim wheel now offers finer level of control
  • Low voltage light now illuminates briefly on engine start
  • Aircraft registration placard now illuminated correctly at night

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

I have the Carenado 152.  Wonder how this one compares to it?   Please let me know if you have both.

Stan

Thanks Martyn for the Magneto fix along with the FDE updates.

Hi,

Does Just Flight's version have accurate model of spins and stalls?

Thanks

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Hi All

Had a problem on loading this item last night

Plane into Sim OK but Toggle Bar not there in AddOns to install GTN 750

Tried installing plane in P3Dv4 Addons and directly into P3Dv4

Anything more I could try?

xxd09

From what I see of the VC, it looks a little too prestine. Rather out of context with the age of the aircaft it is depicting.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

13 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Hi All

Had a problem on loading this item last night

Plane into Sim OK but Toggle Bar not there in AddOns to install GTN 750

Tried installing plane in P3Dv4 Addons and directly into P3Dv4

Anything more I could try?

xxd09

Did you select the the GTN model in the configuration tool prior to loading the aircraft? https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000068328-how-do-i-enable-the-flight1-gtn-650-750-and-gns-430-530-

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight