Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Flight Sim Labs A320 vs Flight Factor A320?

On 3/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

I have both and used both ... I don't like to compare, but it's a fairly common question and to be expected.

• FSLab seems to implement the LAWs more accurately than FF
  • FF Performance is "slightly" better than the updated FSLabs version 
  • Taxi in the FSLabs seems more accurate  
  • Flight models on both seem pretty close to me but it's an "automated" aircraft so hard to say  
  • There are other difference in knob layout and systems
  • Sounds in FF are not very good, FSLabs has better sound
  • Visuals, this is a hard one ... both look great, but I'd give the edge to FF
  • External lights, no contest, FSLabs wins by a country mile
  • The FF VC knobs controlled via mouse is hotspots seem "off" and are difficult to manage
  • Weather Radar in FSLabs is working and fairly accurate, I'll have to check but I don't recall seeing a weather radar in FF version?

But keep in mind I'm no expert nor do I pretending to be one (there are plenty of others with more hours in these aircraft) as I'm still learning much from both FF and FSLabs depth of systems.  I've never flown or will fly an A320 and the A320 is very much a "mode" aircraft that really isn't meant to be flown "by hand" much.

But to be fair to FF, they do indicate the aircraft is still in "Beta", so I'm expecting to get some updates in the future.  The FF is the cheaper at $90 vs. $140 for FSLabs P3D version.

Cheers, Rob.

I have the FF A320 Ultimate, ToLiSs A319 and the FSL A320.

All of them are outstanding, to say the least, and I love them all.

I believe Rob's mini-review seems to be pretty accurate, but he is noticing things that I'm not picking up on. I don't have any problem with the VC knobs in any of them, although FFA320 has that +/- area around switches that I'm not real crazy about, but I think FF did the best that can be done using that system.

I love buying the same aircraft, built to the hilt, by different developers because there are little differences.

FF A320 Ultimate and ToLiSs A319 have one little advantage and that is X-Plane 11.  I just think it is a better flying environment.

On the other hand, I don't see how any aircraft can get any better than the FSLA320 in P3Dv4. 

All of them are great simulations, but I find the FSLA320 is a little easier to get a greaser landing with.  I have no idea why.

I did one landing with the FFA320 that was below -50fpm, but I can't seem to do it again and really felt like I was floating it in.

I'm having a time getting ToLiSs A319 to get below -200fpm.

FSLA320 seems to slip right into the runway centerline target consistently, like greased lightning under or just a little over -200fpm, but handles really well.

I'll be honest with you though.  Better Pushback is one of the biggies that draws me to X-Plane 11.

One of the above posts brings a question I am willing to make to seasoned XP users... Pushback solutions and also how to get gate/jetways at airports ...

Just as I do with P3D, when I install XP moved by some really tempting add-on, like this FF A320 is slowly becoming ( and I am enjoying it so much that I didn't start IL2 for weeks since I first tested the FSLA320 and then this one... ) I set my scenery to the lowest possible settings - no autogen or trees in P3D and XP11... 

While this works great together with Scenery Complexity set to high in P3D / FSX, in XP it kills also the airport buildings, so, with the FF A320 while on ground I have to move the scenery complexity slider a bit to the right until I get gates at the airport... But then, when placing the aircraft at a gate, how am I supposed to get a jetway attached to it's doors ?

Also, is there a default tug for pushback operations in XP11 ?  I see there's a pushback option in the menus, but I tried using it and just as in FSX / P3D it's a mess - it never works as I was expecting :-(

Do you use any --> freeware <-- add-ons providing pushback and / or jetways ? 

Any suggestions really appreciated !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme disks, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You have two options if you want to use scenery without any autogen.

You can either use ortho scenery and remove the autogen from the custom scenery, or use exclusion zones for the stock scenery or HD Mesh.

You can build a custom scenery in WED, which only consists of exclusion zones for objects, roads, trees etc. You can then put the world objects slider all the way to the right, and it will only affect airports.

But keep in mind that lights are bound to objects in X-Plane. So you will loose night lighting in cities and along roads when you fly without autogen. But I guess you already fund that out. :happy:

I also wish we could adjust airport details and autogen density independently...

BetterPushback is your No. 1 choice for a freeware pushback addon. Nothing comes close: https://github.com/skiselkov/BetterPushbackC/releases

I don't care for moving jetways, so I can't give a definitive answer. IIRC there is a free plugin called AutoGate which does the job, but only if the airport and plane are prepared to work with it.

Edited by mgeiss
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I'll be honest with you though.  Better Pushback is one of the biggies that draws me to X-Plane 11.

I only recently discovered better pushback - it is one truly amazing plugin.  It'd be killer to get something like that in P3D.  GSX is pretty good, but I find some airports the parking space doesn't seem to line up properly for me to even get ground services at that airport.

• Like 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Guys, thx a LOT for your suggestions.

Will be installing Better Pushback this evening and trying it with the FF A320 ASAP :-)

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

4 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Guys, thx a LOT for your suggestions.

Will be installing Better Pushback this evening and trying it with the FF A320 ASAP :-)

LOL

And you better start working on my .acf file for the huey. External model is almost ready , need to do the interior. I have posted some links on the Discord chat for you to read.

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

12 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

LOL

And you better start working on my .acf file for the huey. External model is almost ready , need to do the interior. I have posted some links on the Discord chat for you to read.

Shhhhh Don't tell Mrs Jcomm, puleeeeeeeeeze !!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

3 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Shhhhh Don't tell Mrs Jcomm, puleeeeeeeeeze !!!!!!

then better start making the .acf 

But, but.... this FF A320 is sooooooooooooooo addictive.....

Main Simulation Rig:

Hey guys, I just wanted to share this with you.  I ran across these videos and I believe they are the best tutorial videos on the A320, or actually on many other aircraft, that I've seen.

They are called CBT or Computer Based Training. They are really clear and easy to understand, but very thorough. Let me know what you think.

Computer Based Training

• Like 2

Excellent videos Robert!

Well, after two days with FF A320 and even without having had much time to play due to life compromises, this A320 already made me forget about each and every model I tried before...

It's simply AMAZING!

While I had excellent FPS ( in my very conservative scenery and graphics settings ) in the FSLabs A320 with it's latest patch, and P3Dv42, truth is that this Airbus gives a much closer feel to the real thing ( based on some hours of jumpseating since 1995 in 319, 20 and 21 and an hour of full flightsim in the 320 - TAP Trainning center ).

It's remarkable in terms of control harmony with the various laws, and interaction with the world / weather effects, which is one of the worst aspects I find in the FSLabs A320, even when used with ASP4.

By far the best Airbus simulation I was ever able to play, apart from the full flight sim!

Main Simulation Rig:

12 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

LOL

I will do my best Zulfi, but I really still have a LOT of data to collect about the real thing...

Then I'll have to watch Dan Klaue's video channel tutorials - a real MUST SEE ! that Dan kindly makes available and is still up 2 date for anyone willing to start some aircraft project for X-Plane.

But this Airbus is giving me a HELL of a great time - Zul, I could finally forget IL2 !!! Incredible !!!

I still track bikinis though...

Main Simulation Rig:

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

I will do my best Zulfi, but I really still have a LOT of data to collect about the real thing...

Then I'll have to watch Dan Klaue's video channel tutorials - a real MUST SEE ! that Dan kindly makes available and is still up 2 date for anyone willing to start some aircraft project for X-Plane.

But this Airbus is giving me a HELL of a great time - Zul, I could finally forget IL2 !!! Incredible !!!

I still track bikinis though...

No worries you enjoy the 320 too but also work on the .acf file for me

signmanbob,

"I just wanted to share this with you....... these videos ..........Computer Based Training."

Outstanding. Thanks for the heads up. They look like a very good reference.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

8 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to share this with you.  I ran across these videos and I believe they are the best tutorial videos on the A320, or actually on many other aircraft, that I've seen.

They are called CBT or Computer Based Training. They are really clear and easy to understand, but very thorough. Let me know what you think.

Computer Based Training

3 hours ago, jcjimmy said:

signmanbob,

"I just wanted to share this with you....... these videos ..........Computer Based Training."

Outstanding. Thanks for the heads up. They look like a very good reference.

Was just thinking that - this looks awesome.  Cant wait to sit down with a few of these videos.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals