Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Flight Sim Labs A320 vs Flight Factor A320?

1 hour ago, Aaron Kim said:

Although FSL is a stutter, I don't think I can blame FSL for that. Really, I think it's the sim itself.

P3D v4 is FSX just better, however, it isn't a completely new game like XP. 

Meaning, the old FS2002, FS9, and FSX garbage is still in P3D, unless if LM wants to completely dump that and make a new game entirely.

How old is X-plane compared to Microsoft and Lockheed Martins Flightsim and Prepar3D?

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

7 hours ago, Vindeballe said:

How old is X-plane compared to Microsoft and Lockheed Martins Flightsim and Prepar3D?

Prepar3D isn't that old. But, MSFS is really old. It's much older than XP (XP was first released in 1991 I believe)

MSFS goes as far back as the 70s I believe but don't quote me on that.

MS-FS was a follow up of Sublogic Flight Simulator, which was released on 1983 on Apple, and 1984 on the Commodore 64.  I started with MSFS 4 & 5 in the 90s.  

This is still, to this date, the DNA of Prepar3d ... . 

X-Plane has a complete different approach, and uses indeed completely different calculations for the flight model.

In the past, there have been different attempts to break the MS FS monopoly on pc flight simulators, with notably Fly! , the Flight Unlimited series, and others, but they were unsuccesfull. Laminar is the only "other" company that has been able to stay in business all those years, also thanks to its devoted fans.

I did fly them all, except for Prepar3d ... .

Jan

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

MS-FS was a follow up of Sublogic Flight Simulator, which was released on 1983 on Apple, and 1984 on the Commodore 64.  I started with MSFS 4 & 5 in the 90s.  

This is still, to this date, the DNA of Prepar3d ... . 

You and Aaron Kim are not joking when you claim that the FSL bus stutters because you actually think that the 'core' sim is a few decades old??? 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

You and Aaron Kim are not joking when you claim that the FSL bus stutters because you actually think that the 'core' sim is a few decades old??? 😂

No idea about the stutters, I was just giving a bit of history, and that there is more than one way to do things... 😉 . 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 1:43 AM, FDEdev said:

The thing is, Laminar learned the mistakes of Micorsoft and decided to jump in the game.

It was kinda like when Boeing learned the mistakes of DeHavilland when they made the DeHavilland Comet, if it weren't for the Comet's mistakes with the pressurization, Boeing said their 707 would disintegrate in the air like the Comet.

It's the same concept. Everybody who complained about MSFS's problems, Laminar Research said, "We'll hook you up!" and included or fixed everything that's missing or wrong in MSFS and made a new game.

• Like 2

I dont understand how a thread asking to compare 2 airplanes turns into a P3D vs XP, this is getting old. Both sims have their pluses and minuses, (I have 0 issues when it comes to performance with FSL on P3D btw, and I am also a very happy XP user).  Can we go back to the original question? I am thinking about getting the FF A320, but would love to know if anyone knows if the devs are planning to make further enhancements to the sounds, weather radar, etc.?  Thank you in advance!

John.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, 757FO said:

I dont understand how a thread asking to compare 2 airplanes turns into a P3D vs XP

Well, If you want to compare 2 planes, FSL, FF, then SOME aspects of comparing the two require comparing some aspects of the sims themselves.

45 minutes ago, 757FO said:

(I have 0 issues when it comes to performance with FSL on P3D btw

Yeah, because I have all my settings at max besides water, terrain, and vegetation shadows. So, maybe that's why it's a bit stuttery.

And, my PC isn't great.

56 minutes ago, 757FO said:

I am thinking about getting the FF A320, but would love to know if anyone knows if the devs are planning to make further enhancements to the sounds, weather radar, etc.?

At a price of $90 I think it's reasonable. 

I don't own XP nor do I own the FF A320, but if you already have the FSL I really don't see any reason to get another of the same plane just for a different sim. Yes, there's many things different, PBR materials, better flight dynamics, etc. But when it comes down to it, it has the same FMC, the same landing gear switch, the same Terrain on ND button, so I don't see a reason to buy another A320 when you already have an A320.

Unless if you have terrible performance, then that's the only reason I see.

Edited by Aaron Kim
  • Like 2