Sign in to follow this  
Fdm79

Fokker 50 GSX

Just wondering if anyone has configured GSX with the F-50...

I also noticed that even the "exit" coordinates were not configured by Carenado on the Aircraft CFG...

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

Works very well over here in FSX:SE.

Create a folder named C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\Carenado F50

Put in a gsx.cfg file with following content:

[aircraft]
nosegear = 8.77
refueling = 1
iscargo = 0
trafficcones = 1
preferredexit =  0
wingrootpos = 1.45 -2.59 0.30
wingtippos = 14.48 -0.91 0.30
fuelpos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
waterpos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
lavatorypos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
engine1pos = -4.27 -0.30 -0.76
engine2pos = 4.27 -0.30 -0.76
engine3pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
engine4pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00

[exit1]
pos = -2.50 6.00 -3.35 0.00
code = 1
name = passenger

[exit2]
remove = 1

[exit3]
remove = 1

[exit4]
remove = 1

[service1]
pos = 1.50 6.00 -2.15 0.00
code = 2
name = cargo

[service2]
remove = 1

[cargo1]
remove = 1

[cargo2]
pos = 1.00 -7.12 -2.02 0.00
code = 2
name = cargo
uldcode = BELT

[cargomain]
remove = 1

Carenado released V1.1 of the Fokker 50 today ... I'm really enjoying this aircraft, lots of stuff not working in v1.0 but it's still worth the price of admission, looks like V1.1 fixes a few things.  Having to enable the GTN750 every time was a little annoying, but  looks like v1.1 address this issue, overall this is very well done aircraft visually and fits the price point and much cheaper than the real thing at $17.5M.

My hope is Carenado start considering using TrueGlass and RealLight in the future, however their VC lighting is well done but not "adjustable" dimmers, just on/off.  Certainly FPS friendly enough to enjoy the benefits of TrueGlass and RealLight.

Short field aircraft, good cruise speed, and it's stall speed is unbelievably low 64-78 Kts pending weight ... considering the passenger capacity/size this aircraft is well suited to many remote destinations.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more threads on Carenado's F50 ... it's certainly the "biggest" aircraft Carenado have done and the cabin was done very well.  Used this aircraft to do a flight from KCCR to KRNO and was very pleased.

Cheers, Rob.

I have been seriously looking at this one but I have so many Carenado aircraft in my hangar collecting dust it is hard to justify another $45. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I have been seriously looking at this one but I have so many Carenado aircraft in my hangar collecting dust it is hard to justify another $45. 

As if we flight simmers need to justify our aircraft :happy: purchases. If we really did, we ended up with only a single add-on :laugh:
Being Dutch myself, my justification is that Fokker was a Dutch company and the Fokker 50 (of course..) is/was one of the best looking turbo props.
You being American (assumption): Maybe you have far, far away Dutch ancestors, or if you live in New York: The Dutch owned that land for a while, or ..... I'm sure you will find some justification, you won't regret :cool:

Edited by Egbert Drenth
  • Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Aircrafts Fokker are too a part of our aero-culture in Belgium. Fly with in the real life.

Happy that Carenado make it. Nice bird indeed.

8 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

As if we flight simmers need to justify our aircraft  purchases. If we really did, we ended up with only a single add-on 
Being Dutch myself, my justification is that Fokker was a Dutch company and the Fokker 50 (of course..) is/was one of the best looking turbo props.
You being American (assumption): Maybe you have far, far away Dutch ancestors, or if you live in New York: The Dutch owned that land for a while, or ..... I'm sure you will find some justification, you won't regret

Absolutely enjoyed that!  My ancestry was indeed from Belgium, Germany, and Ireland!  I have a lot of aircraft in my hangar as the aircraft did not entertain me as much as I thought.  Others I have done everything possible to learn everything about the aircraft (like the Phenom 300).  I have heard many favorable things about the Fokker 50 and will likely get it soon.  Maybe in the next hour or so... 

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

18 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You might be pleasantly surprised by this one which IMHO is a cut above previous Carenado products (apart from the FMC) and if you are prepared to use it with the GTN, particularly with Bert's mods then is really is a very nice aircraft to fly.

Bill

Thanks Bill for the info.  We're upgrading the site tonight so it looks like playtime will have to put on hold for a few days... Looks like some major changes, including performance increases.

Best regards,

Jim 

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

We're upgrading the site tonight

Hope it all goes smoothly Jim!

Kind regards,

Bill

21 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

As if we flight simmers need to justify our aircraft :happy: purchases. If we really did, we ended up with only a single add-on :laugh:
You being American (assumption): Maybe you have far, far away Dutch ancestors, or if you live in New York: The Dutch owned that land for a while, or ..... I'm sure you will find some justification, you won't regret :cool:

Thinking this way, I should get as many Embraer as I could :happy: ... And let's say, they are not Carenado's master pieces. Another Dev, Wilco ERJ's ..... meeehh... I pass... Hopefully Aerosoft will make a decent one some day !

About Fokker, I absolutely love them all ! It's part of my life and memories. One of the largest Brazilian Airlines operated Fokker massively during 80's and 90's (TAM, LATAM nowadays). The first airline airplane I flew in my life back in the 80's when I was 9, was the Fokker F-27 ! Even nowadays I simply love that plane and the sound of the Rolls Royce Dart... Very distinctive with the 4 blades propeller rather than the F-50 with it's more "modern" turboprop sound ! 

Another thing is: I'm really enjoying the subject in this thread but it's very funny and curious how a FSDT GSX subject has turned into a Fokker "Conversation" :biggrin:

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

7 hours ago, Fabio said:

The first airline airplane I flew in my life back in the 80's when I was 9, was the Fokker F-27 ! Even nowadays I simply love that plane and the sound of the Rolls Royce Dart... Very distinctive

The first airliner I flew on was a Viscount, another aircraft with that great Dart sound, but as a kid I can remember seeing Aer Lingus F-27s and although I never flew in those I did have a couple of flights in Air UK F-27s in the 1980s. It would be good to see high quality versions of these iconic Dart types becoming available.

Bill

Dug up this plane after a while and did some modification to enable GSX Lvl 2 Passengers

add the following into AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\Carenado F50\gsx.cfg      

[exit1]
pos = -0.25 6.00 -2.10 0.00
code = 1
name = passenger
embeddedStair = -0.50 6.00 -2.10 -2.79 6.00 -3.39

bdocSG2.png

Edited by jahurz