Sign in to follow this  
tttocs

New 310R from Milviz

It seems Flight1 isn't the only vendor with a bit of an "under the radar" new airplane.

Milviz' 310 has always been among the best GA planes available, but suffered a bit from a rather dated VC and so-so integration for RXP/F1 GPS units.  All of that appears to have changed with the "310 Redux" as interior and exterior graphics look to have received significant upgrades to more modern standards.  The GPS integration appears to have been greatly improved as well - at least from the panel shots.  They've also included an airplane-locked version of the Rex/Milviz wx radar unit :-)!

This is a new product, but existing 310 customers are being offered a 50% discount (current customers check your email).  The product page is up - not sure when it'll release but it looks like soon.

Pretty exited about this one!

Scott

If you are a current customer of the C310, you should already have received an email with the link to the new C310 Redux order page, it worked for me and I've been flying it all morning.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

3 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

If you are a current customer of the C310, you should already have received an email with the link to the new C310 Redux order page, it worked for me and I've been flying it all morning.

Interesting.  I am a current customer, and I did receive the email, but when I go to the link, ordering is disabled and still says "Coming Soon".

Scott

Yes, their page still shows "Coming Soon", the 50% discount for previous owner applies only if you bought it from Milviz, however you will still get a lesser discount if purchased from another vendor, al least that is what was posted in another thread according to Milviz?

The email sent out today had two links, 1 for an upgrade to the "standard" C310 which can be downloaded and installed, fixes a few things. And the other link is for the new Redux version which doesn't appear to be released yet according to their website, although it looks like it might of been live earlier today for a short period?

Looks very nice from the screen shots!

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

I've held off on purchasing the 310 due to it being rather dated in terms of when it was released. With this redux howerver.. that changes everything! I went and looked at the product page and it looks very very good. Flight1 integration, WX Radar, TrueGlass and RealLight... definitely looking forward to it being released so I can add it to my hangar. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

On FB, Milviz indicated they found a bug and deactivated the sale.  They also said it will hopefully be back on sale next week.

I'm gonna need a bigger hangar.

• Upvote 2

Just a caveat. From what I learned today the number of exterior graphics has doubled so current repaints you have will not migrate to the redux.  The redux does include a paint kit with .psd files for custom painting, though I DL'd the kit and it does not default to an unpainted canvas, so to speak  Instead it appears to be based off of one of their already-painted liveries included with the product. So to use as a paint kit the colors in that kit would need to be neutralized, thus adding considerable time to repainting. 

The change in exterior textures would cost me the "Blue Canoe" I have with the current 310 version. See link:   https://amcmuseum.org/at-the-museum/aircraft/u-3a-blue-canoe/ 

Spent considerable hours in the back seat of one (USAF U-3) riding back and forth from Forney AAF (Ft Leonard Wood, Missouri) to KSJC (Ft Leavenworth, KS), and KBLV (Scott AFB, Illinois) for commanders' calls. 

So I may investigate how to have both the original and this redux installed. Side by side.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

So I may investigate how to have both the original and this redux installed. Side by side.

Frank,

I would also be interested in having both installed, if you find out if that is possible please post if it can be done?

Thanks - Martin

8 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Frank,

I would also be interested in having both installed, if you find out if that is possible please post if it can be done?

Thanks - Martin

Wilco.  Perhaps we should move this separate question over to the Milviz forum

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

56 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

On FB, Milviz indicated they found a bug and deactivated the sale.  They also said it will hopefully be back on sale next week.

LOL this is a whole new kind of Vaporware. Milvizland must of had a release party last night!:laugh:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Curious, I received 2 mails from Milviz...The first concerns the new update for the "old" version (works great) and a 50% discount off the price for the new 310 Redux.

The second mail is a $15 discount offer for forum member (I'm) for also the new 310 Redux !

So, what ?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

The email I received also said $15 off.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Wilco.  Perhaps we should move this separate question over to the Milviz forum

Frank, just posted the question over on the Milviz forum, I'll see what they say?

Martin

Not likely to rebuy this aircraft just for some minor changes. $15 off? Nope. $15 upgrade fee, probably.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS