Sign in to follow this  
tttocs

New 310R from Milviz

All the above aside I am looking forward to the new C310. I put 1500hrs in the R model on fire suppression with the 285hp engines and it is a very nice 310 to fly. Maneuverability is very very good....great for formation with a tanker. Reliable as hell. I'm hoping everything works well on the new one such as mixtures/fuel flow, electrical indications, autopilot etc.  Dave

On 3/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, n4gix said:

I'm not entirely sure what you're actually concerned about Bert, but if you mean a "sculpted look" then yes, the side 'gripping' contours are present. They are just difficult to see in the sim:

zEM42.png

For those wondering what this part of the discussion is all about here is a photo from an actual Cirrus installation of GTN's that shows the sculpting.  Now I understand the portion of the panel you see holding the GTN's is also contoured, but visualize the GTN's as if they were instead in a flat panel. Note that the outer bezel edges of the gauges themselves are raised from the panel as well as the faces of the bezels are also contoured on both the right and the left.

When taxiing or when in the air it is not always easy to select what you wish.  That due to bumps, whether it is bumpy air or bumps on the taxiways.  Same as in your car on a bumpy road.  The sculpting shown here is designed so that you can stabilize your hand when making selections.  Ex. resting your palm against the base of the GTN while using your fingers to select; or hooking your thumb on the side of the bezel on one side, or your little finger on the other side, again while making selections.  Not something you can do on a flat screen.

The 310 redux screenshots show very well sculpted gauges across most of the panel (visit Milviz to see the screenshots).   The GTN 650 there appears to show the sculpted bezel face, while the face of the GTN 750 bezel shown there appears flat.  I guess one question then is if it is indeed not sculpted (750), and a second question of mine is whether the model's GPS bezels can be kept in place for use with aftermarket GPS.s.  Are those indeed the questions?

Cirrus-750-650-CC-Crop.jpg

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Or, we could charge you extra for that.  

That's an EXCELLENT idea.  You want those items in, you pay for it.

Perhalps the answer is an upgraded or pro series. The work that you guys do is well above the normal Devs. If Flight 1 etc. are taking advantage of you then I think folks would be happy to pay a little extra for this level of design and support. PDMG charges through the nose for their tubeliners. Again, your arguement makes good sense but it is you customers who get hurt and are sort of caught between a rock and a hard place. 

Edit...Personally I would much rather spend my money with you.

Edited by vgbaron
removed unnecessary comment re a developer

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

BTW,
This morning I DL'd and read through the 310REDUX UserGuide.  Thumbs UP! 

Wish I had one like this for all my other models....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The Redux is really nice.  New sounds, new AMS, Trueglass, Realight, Rex/MV WXR, F1/RXP/Mindstar/Navstax compatibility... new textures, new models... Nice.  Really.

If it goes over well, we will do the B-55 as well.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

23 minutes ago, Milviz said:

The Redux is really nice.  New sounds, new AMS, Trueglass, Realight, Rex/MV WXR, F1/RXP/Mindstar/Navstax compatibility... new textures, new models... Nice.  Really.

A B-55 Redux would be excellent.  

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

I second that! A B-55 Redux would be great as well. Hope it become a reality.

29 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Can't imagine why it wouldn't.  I agree with Frank that the manual is a model for how to do good, complete documentation.  Particularly appreciated are the images detailing switch/control location and function.

As for the plane - sounds like you basically stayed with the existing FDE, which has always been excellent, and brought everything else up to 2018 standards.  Very much looking forward to the release.

Scott 

Bernt Stolle did the FDE.  Sticking with perfection is obvious.  Sounds were redone fully.

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

13 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Bernt Stolle did the FDE.  Sticking perfection is obvious.  Sounds were redone fully.

Will the Redux be fully functional in Ver 4.1 or is 4.2 required.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Any idea when she's going to be ready for the masses again? I've got a bit of open floor waiting for her. :)

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

4.2 for operational WX only.  

Thursday is release date.  Please note that we will be sending out a new set of mails for pricing and for codes.

I must have gotten lucky and downloaded my copy before they were pulled. Still enjoying it, much better than the original in terms of graphics (new cockpit glass is my favorite visual change next to the upgraded cockpit textures).

I think I may know what the bug they reference is, but I'll keep it a secret since Milviz decided it was important enough to pull the download.

Keep up the good work Milviz, looking forward to the 350 and F-15 when they finally release.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

If you develop it, they will come. :biggrin:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

22 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Thursday is release date.  Please note that we will be sending out a new set of mails for pricing and for codes.

Wednesday is my birthday. :biggrin:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.