Sign in to follow this  
tttocs

New 310R from Milviz

BIll, hard to tell on that drawing, but on the screenshot, it looks as if the grip is a raised surface, rather than a depressed surface..

Can you show a side view of the diagram to confirm?

Bert

All this is just a grand conspiracy to put me in the poorhouse. 

The aircraft keep getting better and better and better and I have to have them all.  It's an addiction. I hope I don't overdose. :bengong:  I wonder what that would look like?

Milviz, you are making beautiful aircraft.  I know that you work with a limited size team, but you sure do a great job.

Two others that I am anxiously looking for is the KingAir and the 737-200 for P3Dv4. 

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

BIll, hard to tell on that drawing, but on the screenshot, it looks as if the grip is a raised surface, rather than a depressed surface..

Can you show a side view of the diagram to confirm?

I've checked, and it just isn't really clear to me one way or another. Honestly, I'm not really disturbed by it myself.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Mark, I have no idea as I've never tried any of the missions myself.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Still not available for sale yet! The page is still "coming soon"

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Yep they said there was a major bug so they temporarily pulled it from sale.  Should be avail very soon

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On the subject of the F1/RXP/ Mindstar units... and their shape, operation, look, feel... Honestly, we're done making models and painting and coding them for F1/RXP/Mindstar.  This is why the 500's are not and will not be included unless they supply them already done.

We cannot keep paying for making their products and then dealing with complaints about how they look and work.  These are NOT our products.  If you want them in our aircraft, speak to F1/RXP/Mindstar and have them make their own models/paint/code.  We're not doing it anymore.  

They don't even provide us with a SDK.

You can use them in 2D if you don't like how we did it... (at Bert).

And just as an FYI, we made a full SDK and model/paint with tags for the Rex/MV WXR and that was supplied to all the devs who expressed an interest in using the product in theirs.  As well, a new company, by the name of Navstax, also supplied a 3d model, painted and fully prepped as well as a SDK. 

F1/RXP/Mindstar have MORE than enough funds and capability to supply their own stuff.  It would be in their interests to do so as well... given that ALL of their products would use the SAME models.

Sorry for the rant but we're done making them.

Edited by Milviz
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I'm really sorry to hear your not going to include the f1 model anymore. While I agree f1 should provide the model, I'm perfectly fine with the model you built.

I'm sure there are many who are fine with your model as well.

I hope you reconsider as the 2d model does look good...and is a consideration when I purchase a product.

The Xtreme prototypes GLJ25 comes to mind and I do not own it...

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

4 hours ago, Milviz said:

On the subject of the F1/RXP/ Mindstar units... and their shape, operation, look, feel... Honestly, we're done making models and painting and coding them for F1/RXP/Mindstar.  This is why the 500's are not and will not be included unless they supply them already done.

We cannot keep paying for making their products and then dealing with complaints about how they look and work.  These are NOT our products.  If you want them in our aircraft, speak to F1/RXP/Mindstar and have them make their own models/paint/code.  We're not doing it anymore.  

They don't even provide us with a SDK.

You can use them in 2D if you don't like how we did it... (at Bert).

And just as an FYI, we made a full SDK and model/paint with tags for the Rex/MV WXR and that was supplied to all the devs who expressed an interest in using the product in theirs.  As well, a new company, by the name of Navstax, also supplied a 3d model, painted and fully prepped as well as a SDK. 

F1/RXP/Mindstar have MORE than enough funds and capability to supply their own stuff.  It would be in their interests to do so as well... given that ALL of their products would use the SAME models.

Sorry for the rant but we're done making them.

Yea...well my flight Yoke is bigger than your flight yoke. Sorry just cold not resist. Nothing good ever happens with this hobby with out a pi.sing contest.

Having said that, you do make a valid point.

Edited by shivers9
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

The F1 models of the 650/750 are included as are the older RXP, F1 and Mindstar products.  The ones we already did.  The new ones... the 500/600 etc, are not and will not be.

This isn't a pi%%ing contest.  It's all about money, time and effort... and complaints.  It's time that they did their OWN work.  

We will put them in if and only if, the company that makes these products supplies us with a painted, tagged and fully prepped 3D model and a SDK.  If not, then it will not be put in.

Talk to your distributors.  

Not to us.  The fault, if any, lies with them.  When 14 different devs are making models for ONE company, there's something wrong.

Edited by Milviz
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

The F1 models of the 650/750 are included as are the older RXP, F1 and Mindstar products.  The ones we already did.  The new ones... the 500/600 etc, are not and will not be

Colin,
Will the new 310 include freeradio panel?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

22 minutes ago, Milviz said:

This isn't a pi%%ing contest.  It's all about money, time and effort... and complaints.  It's time that they did their OWN work. 

I understand where you're coming from - really I do.  Your point about a good SDK and appropriate 3d models is a good one.  Seems to me that the vendor who did a good job here would put themselves at a solid competitive advantage, making support of their product far easier for plane devs, thus increasing their market penetration.

However, please consider your customer's POV as well.  You clearly see this as you being required to assist another vendor.  From my perspective, your (and other vendors') planes become better products as a result of your support of these gauges.  Put simply, I am FAR more likely to buy a GA plane which supports these 3rd party GPS's.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Yup.  Sure will.  

Thing is, you're a F1/RXP/Mindstar customer who wants their stuff in our products.

If you want it, ask THEM to supply it.

Or, we could charge you extra for that.  

That's an EXCELLENT idea.  You want those items in, you pay for it.

How does that sound?  Or you could all email F1/RXP/Mindstar and tell them you think they should make their own gosh darned products....

A reminder here... if ALL the devs are making these models, painting them, tagging them, coding for them... how much money/time/effort do you think is being wasted on this?   Time/effort/money that would be better spent doing higher end products....  The time/effort/money it would take F1/RXP/Mindstar to do their own stuff... would be significantly less of an issue PLUS, there'd be consistency across the board about how it operates and looks.  

Wouldn't that make more sense?

Edited by Milviz