Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

GTX 1080 TI = Blurries

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, Le Français said:

Hello All!

I just upgraded to a GTX 1080 TI and I am still getting blurries. I've cleared my shadders and still getting blurries. Also, card is only using 60% power, why not 100% ti give me more frames?

Thanks for your help!

1_1_1.png

I would love to know how you got your hands on a 1080ti. I can't find any anywhere. Well to be fair I could pay $1,500 for one, but I wont. How much did you part with for that card if I may ask?

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

3 minutes ago, AAN1718A said:

I would love to know how you got your hands on a 1080ti. I can't find any anywhere. Well to be fair I could pay $1,500 for one, but I wont. How much did you part with for that card if I may ask?

I paid $849 for it. I used the amazing site below which notified me via text when they came in stock :)

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Just now, Le Français said:

I paid $849 for it. I used the amazing site below which notified me via text when they came in stock :)

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/

Thanks I will look into that. For your issue, there are many good recommendations from other users, but before you start editing the .CFG file as others have suggested, delete the .CFG file and restart the sim. I realize you have done that, but this time. don't change any of your sliders. Run it default and see what you get. Then start increasing the settings one at a time. Don't max them out right away.

You do have a good system, but a lot of your settings are maxed out in your screen shots and that will being your CPU down fast. You can get great visuals and performance on normal to high settings.

Set 1 or 2 settings and do a short flight (or slew a little) and see how quick your scenery loads. If I had what you had, I might increase some of my settings a notch, but maxing them all out I would not do. Don't think there is a CPU out there yet that can handle everything that high, but I could be wrong.

I got a 980 and an over clocked 5960K and I have stunning visuals and 25-40 frames in high dense areas, I also have all the ORBX regions, Global, OPENLC, VECTOR and a few airports installed without issue.

Try that before you start uninstalling/re-installed. I know what a pain that is.

Best wishes.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

For some reason I’ve been plaqued by blurries for many years where as others have clear textures. It all seems to be random across the CPU range. Interestingly though when P3Dv4 came out, surprisingly all my blurries had gone. I finally had crystal clear textures, the difference was amazing and I thought LM had done something in V4 that finally worked with my CPU.

Then came version 4.1 & 4.2. Sadly all the blurries have returned in these updates. However in 4.1 I was able to illuminate most of the blurries by adding an AM but with 4.2 this tweak doesn’t change anything for me so far. I’m still experimenting with the AM. 

Having said all that I’m now mostly flying in VR so the blurries are less noticeable because of the lower resolution and VR in 4.2 is awesome.

12 hours ago, AAN1718A said:

but before you start editing the .CFG file as others have suggested, delete the .CFG file and restart the sim. I realize you have done that, but this time. don't change any of your sliders

BTW.. my 6800K and TitanXP don’t like the default 20 or 25 locked frames. I got major stutters and found unlimited frames best but using Vsync ON and setting my 4K tv to 25Hz.

Edited by Iceman2

Following this.  I've never been able to get any textures sharper than the screenshots in this thread, using a Strix GTX 1080, regardless of TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP= setting.  Even 10, with a texture resolution of 7 cm and LOD of ultra.  Just accepted these blurries as a fact of life and that I'll never able to get my Orbx add-ons looking as sharp as their screenshots haha.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

18 hours ago, AAN1718A said:

I can vouch for the nowinstock.com site.  Newegg also has a notification system that will text you.  If you have your browser on  your phone with a tab loaded with the newegg page for the card  you want you can possibly get to the page before anyone else after seeing a text.  If you're logged in, once you click to buy it, it's loaded in your cart and you have some time to go to a PC and login to finish the transaction.

I went for this one just the other day, on it's way: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125988

But if you don't have a custom loop, this one is excellent:  https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125987

They are both only a couple hundred over MSRP.

I was waiting for an EVGA, but couldn't anymore.  Spring break is here, gotta play.  And the Kingpin Hydrocopper is finished with it's production run, I'm planning on possibly doing some crazy things with the custom loop to go sub-ambient.  EVGA has amazing customer service.  But the reviews on the Gigabytes are decent and they manage to have their fan club of young males (the editor said word not allowed hehe) and overclocking enthusiasts do not seem to have shied away from them.  The Waterforce models start with a slightly higher overclock, but don't tend to go higher than any other 1080 ti, as they all seem to top out at around 2000 - 2100 and lottery does not even seem to have huge payoffs in Hz no matter the brand 1080 ti.  Cooling does seem to be the factor to take them over 2100 or even 2200.

If you like EVGA they have an email auto-notify, and if your phone carrier has an email to text server you can forward an email to that to get a text notification.  I was waiting for a FTW3 Elite with the 12Ghz RAM speed, but they just never showed, and I've read that one area where the Aorus waterforce do well is the VRAM OC because the waterblock (on the non-WB version) is a little nicer than the other brands of it's kind in terms of VRM and VRAM.  I've done thorough research so I have tons of info/links to share if you need it.

I read somewhere that the reason the Aorus are still up at Newegg is that they are not found in some searches for that product of 1080ti.  *shrug*

Edited by denali

In our local electronics store (Media Markt) they have 1080ti's, but they want 950€ for them :)

23 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Having said all that I’m now mostly flying in VR so the blurries are less noticeable because of the lower resolution and VR in 4.2 is awesome.

And maybe that's the direction LM wants to take. A primarily VR based simulation software. Remember they primarily had 4.1 to work on VR related issues and further refinements in 4.2. It's no secret they appear to be focused on VR. As we are not their primary customer and the military is it's understandable. Maybe that's why we are seeing more of this issue with each update. 

Who knows, maybe in the not too distant future us casual hobbyist will find it better with XP11. They certainly have a growing and vibrant 3rd part development community.

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

I guess I just got lucky. The latest computer I bought came with an i7 7700k w/32GB DDR4, EVGA 1080Ti w/11GB VRAM, etc. Total cost was $1300 USD.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

I guess I just got lucky. The latest computer I bought came with an i7 7700k w/32GB DDR4, EVGA 1080Ti w/11GB VRAM, etc. Total cost was $1300 USD.

Do you mind sharing the company?

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

Do you mind sharing the company?

The computer is a Cyber Power and I bought it through Amazon.com.  Of course the model I bought is no longer available, but the replacement is an i7 8700K now and the price has increased to $1999.

It still seems like a good value for the money though.

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8080A2 w/Liquid Cooled Overclockable Intel i7-8700K 3.7GHz CPU, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD & Win10 64-Bit

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-GXiVR8080A2-Overclockable-i7-8700K/dp/B075VSBNQZ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1521055701&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=cyberpowerpc&psc=1

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow.  The cryptocurrency miners (?) have really messed us over.  I guess I'm lucky I got in at $850 for the watercooled eVGA 1080Ti in early December.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey everyone, blurries are still here and pretty bad. Will an upgrade to a 8700K really help?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case