Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

GTX 1080 TI = Blurries

On 3/14/2018 at 12:34 PM, n4gix said:

The computer is a Cyber Power and I bought it through Amazon.com.  Of course the model I bought is no longer available, but the replacement is an i7 8700K now and the price has increased to $1999.

It still seems like a good value for the money though.

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8080A2 w/Liquid Cooled Overclockable Intel i7-8700K 3.7GHz CPU, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD & Win10 64-Bit

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-GXiVR8080A2-Overclockable-i7-8700K/dp/B075VSBNQZ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1521055701&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=cyberpowerpc&psc=1

I bought a Cyberpower gaming box years ago when Costco used carry them. Nothing but problems and zero tech support. Returned it within two weeks, got my money back and applied it to a Jetline system. I'm on my second 3 year old box that I just installed a EVGA 1080ti card that I got from them in three days. Works perfect.

This doesn't mean this will happen to you.

Good luck!

IMHO, if you are going to buy a canned system, Jetline is exceptional quality and support at a fair price.

If I were to ever give up building my own, I'd probably go with them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Both of mine have been bullet proof.

Not a single problem. Tech support is state side which is worth the cost of admission right there.

I purchased a Jetline computer in Dec. 2016 and like newtie, I have not had a single problem with this desktop computer. If I ever need to purchase another flightsim computer, it will be another one from Jetline.

14 hours ago, vgbaron said:

IMHO, if you are going to buy a canned system, Jetline is exceptional quality and support at a fair price.

If I were to ever give up building my own, I'd probably go with them.

Unfortunately, I didn't have  "Jetline Visa" card, so I was constrained to use Amazon Prime's Visa account. I actually have two different Amazon cards, having converted my "Amazon Store" account to Visa a few years ago.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill-

Run this on that that box right after getting it.

Several hours or until blue screen.

Mark

Let's stick to the topic here lol :) 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

On 4/24/2018 at 1:04 PM, Le Français said:

Let's stick to the topic here lol :) 

What's the topic?   

:)

Oh yes, blurries.  I can say, with my 1080Ti, I have not had any blurry issues.  (well, I can slew to get blurries, but i mean in normal flight) My biggest test was flying a jet at high-subsonic low altitude in a complex area, and it held up fine.  I'm really impressed with P3Dv4 and its ability to handle large amounts of data pretty well.  I realize part of it could be my new hardware, but, we're still light years better off than we were with FSX with regard to blurries.

A real torture test might be to fly across a big mem load area like London, in a jet at high speed, AFTER having the sim running for a couple of hours flight.  Land at Gatwick after a transatlantic in the 777, then jump in my trusty BAe Hawk and blast over Buckingham Palace.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

So after many months and the V4.3 update, blurries are still here. If I formatted my SSD and re-installed windows and everything, do you think that would help?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

On 4/25/2018 at 7:33 PM, Mace said:

What's the topic?   

🙂

Oh yes, blurries.  I can say, with my 1080Ti, I have not had any blurry issues.  (well, I can slew to get blurries, but i mean in normal flight) My biggest test was flying a jet at high-subsonic low altitude in a complex area, and it held up fine.  I'm really impressed with P3Dv4 and its ability to handle large amounts of data pretty well.  I realize part of it could be my new hardware, but, we're still light years better off than we were with FSX with regard to blurries.

A real torture test might be to fly across a big mem load area like London, in a jet at high speed, AFTER having the sim running for a couple of hours flight.  Land at Gatwick after a transatlantic in the 777, then jump in my trusty BAe Hawk and blast over Buckingham Palace.

What are your settings? Do you use any tweaks?

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

I will lock this Topic as the OP is now using a more recent version of Prepar3D v4  (v4.3)

---

If needed, Create another Topic on this Issue with updated Information

1) Prepar3D version
2) Operating system
3) All add-ons installed (applications, scenery, vehicles, etc.)
4) Hardware (graphics card, CPU, RAM, displays, etc.)
5) Changes made to your system – overclocking, graphics accelerators (NVIDIA Inspector), debuggers
6) Changes to Prepar3D's settings or configuration files
7) Crash logs or error messages