Sign in to follow this  
AceFAB

FMS Appears Off?

P3d V4. cannot get the FMS to come on? Tried Reinstalling (With My anti-virus off), Tried Shift - 6 Take off mode. Am I missing Something or do I have some sort of conflict?

Edited by AceFAB

Same issue here. Fresh install of both P3d v4.2 and F50.

I load the default scenario (F35 engine running) then change aircraft to the F50. Electrics are on, I get the intro window showing me how to manipulate the knobs, click spots appear to be working (I can hide the yoke), but FMS is off.

If I change to 2D panel I see a window telling me the Navigraph database is being built. There appears to be a progress bar but nothing happens (left it there 30 minutes).

No antivirus except Windows Defender. I opened the Windows Defender Security Center, went to App & Browser Control, put Check apps & files to Off, reran the installer but no joy. Also tried launching P3d as administrator, same result.

A new day brings better results - tried once more with Defender's "check apps & files" off, reinstalled, now it works. I have now turned the Defender setting back to its default setting of "warn" and FMS keeps working. Navigraph window is gone now, was it a red herring?

4 hours ago, albertomolteni said:

A new day brings better results - tried once more with Defender's "check apps & files" off, reinstalled, now it works. I have now turned the Defender setting back to its default setting of "warn" and FMS keeps working. Navigraph window is gone now, was it a red herring?

did you uninstall first?

Ok got the FMS to come on. Navigraph Shows as updating The Carnado products but when I use Shift - 8 The Navigraph window just blinks on and off fast and I cannot read it? Any Ideas?

Thanks for all your help here folks. This is an indefensible resource.

Not sure what Shift - 8 is supposed to do... FMS popup is Shift - 5 IIRC, Shift - 2 is autopilot and thrust settings, and then either Shift -4 or -6 (can't remember right now) will give you a little sketch of the instrument panel where the blue areas can be clicked to magnify... especially useful to bring up the magnified PFD + ND.