Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby Live Traffic 1.05 released

55 minutes ago, holi said:

Could you please advise how and where to get them into the database?

Hi,

that is a little bit tricky, generally speaking only I can add missing ICAO and IATA codes with a reasonable effort. The ICAO database is a simple XML file that is located in a subfolder of the LLTX program directory, but it is quite big. I have an additional app that I made to edit this database, but I haven't made it public - it seemed too clunky - and there is very little interest in the LLTX app anyway.

If you send me the missing ICAO codes, I will add the to them database and build a new version. Guess that I will have to finish that database management tool at some point...

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

I found the xml and started editing it with success, at least the new aircraft codes were no hassle at all! The Airlines were a bit tricky but if you get used to it also no problem.

The only problem is with the injection into P3Dv4. The ICAO codes are matching with the live traffic and most Airlines are recognied as well, but still if I switch to „view AI“ you get the the standard aircraft! I could understand if „unknown“ is displayed in the Tool, but even if the Airline ie „Emirates“ is displayed still the default Airbus is shown in P3Dv4.

I would say about 50% of the Aircraft are wrongly displayed. Any ideas?

The good thing is I got the Airbus Neo‘s, Bombardier C-Series and B737max displayed!

Edited by holi

It all depends on the data in the online sources and how they match up WTR the database. 50% sounds about right if you are using OpenSky and ADSB Ex. I always disable the default liveries and forget about them. You can differentiate between correct models and default replacements by looking at the color of the text in the traffic table - black are "hits", blue are "misses". When using the free sources, then the airline is interpreted from the callsign btw, and you only get the correct aircraft and livery if both the airline ICAO and the aircraft ICAO together designate a model in your AI database. If one of them is not adding up, there is nothing that the app can do. So if you have an Emirates 777 flying around, you will only see a correct model if you matched BOTH the airline and the aircraft ICAOs to a specific model showing the correct triple seven from Emirates. That maaping is done with yet another database XML file in the LLTX documents folder. But to edit that one, I suggest that you use the database editing dialog in LLTX - much more convenient.

Be aware that "View AI" can get out of sync, and you may be looking at an entirely different aircraft.

Best regards 

LORBY-SI

Hello Oliver, thanks for your continuous improvements!

Is there any chance in the future that you support this new AI livery source database to inject live traffic?

http://bvai.bvartcc.com/

It seems to provide high quality liveries (no flight plans).

Thanks

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hum... I just realized the support is already there:

Just need to switch to custom, point the BVAI aircraft folder, scan and save. Let's try it!

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

3 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Hum... I just realized the support is already there:

Just need to switch to custom, point the BVAI aircraft folder, scan and save. Let's try it!

Don't bother, that looks easier than it is. You would have to manually match the airline and aircraft models.

I have done that for you, LLTX version 1.06 now has a BVAI mapping built in. You are right, those models are excellent.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

34 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I have done that for you, LLTX version 1.06 now has a BVAI mapping built in.

Great! Do you mean there is no need anymore to enter ICAO airline for each aircraft? What do I need to use it?

Roland

18 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Great! Do you mean there is no need anymore to enter ICAO airline for each aircraft? What do I need to use it?

Hi Roland,

just download the LLTX 1.06, open the Aircraft Model Database by clicking on "Configure", select BVAI with the radio button on the top left, close the database dialog. Do not touch anything else on the database management dialog ;o)

Assuming that you have the BVAI models already installed in your simulator of course.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Does someone know if it's possible to replace old MT6 aircrafts with BVAI's when available, still using native MT6 flight plans(scenery)?

Roland

So I'm answering myself :biggrin:

After a week to think, search and test, I found a workflow to replace automatically MT6 AI's with BVAI's when available, inside MT6 flightplans.

It's not straightforward but it's working.

You need: AIFP, VMRGenerator and BoxerEditor in which I developed a specific macro.

I someone is interested I can describe further, or maybe provide a modified Mytrafficcommercial.bgl to test. (drop me a MP)

Roland

I would love to use this program with P3D V4.3 and installed the P3D version. I set up Malawarebytes and Windows Defender in Windows 10 to allow the installation and .exe files to work. The program has been installed. But, I cannot get a splash screen to even begin configuring the program to work. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks...btw, I did run the latest simconnect.msi so I am all but certain that I am up to date. Thanks.

Sherm

1 hour ago, shermank said:

installed the P3D version

Hi,

which one? There are three of them, one for each version of P3D. For your simulator you must use the "LorbyLiveTraffic_Install_P3D_V4.exe" installer.

SimConnect client installation is not required if you are on the same computer where the sim is running. In fact, this hurts more than it helps. You only install older(!) SimConnect clients if you are trying to run addons on P3D that were made for FSX. These SimConnect.msi client installs are intended to be used on a remote computer where your sim is not installed. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI