Sign in to follow this  
joespeed52

Upgrade for P3D from FSX?

Hello, I heard somewhere there was a free upgrade for P3D V4, but I was wondering if you could go straight from FSX:SE to P4D or P3D to P4D. Would I have to buy the Prepar3d license first, or can I upgrade my FSX License?

Thanks, 

-Joe

"wondering if you could go straight from FSX:SE to P4D "

Ha ha ha ha ha :laugh:

FSX to P3D is full price (same product). Luckily it's not the 777 you're after: we're talking BIG dollars there. Most updates are free though

Steve McLaren

It's only a free upgrade to V4 if you already had the P3D version for V3. If you're going from FSX to P3D, there is no upgrade price, and you'll pay full price.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

6 hours ago, joespeed52 said:

Hello, I heard somewhere there was a free upgrade for P3D V4, but I was wondering if you could go straight from FSX:SE to P4D or P3D to P4D. Would I have to buy the Prepar3d license first, or can I upgrade my FSX License?

Thanks, 

-Joe

FSX and P3D are separate products sot there is no way to upgrade or get the licence at the reduce price. Just go to Prepar3D website and purchase the licence that apply to you.

Don't go to P3Dv3, unless there is something specific that you need for this verion, the v4 is thelatest one, and there is no upgrade of licence between P3D versions either.

Finally just remember when doing the switch that some addons like PMDG requires a full price or at least an upgrade price to work on the P3Dv4 simulator, don't think that all you have in FSX SE wil work directly with P3Dv4 (or v3) directly, that is absolutely not the general case. Only a few things can probably transfer directly. So making the switch you need to be aware of this ;)

10 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

Only a few things can probably transfer directly. So making the switch you need to be aware of this ;)

Almost no addons that were developed for 32bit run on 64bit >>without making the simulator unstable<<. They might work at the first place but don‘t wonder about crashes if you try it...

„you“ in general meaning of course ^^ 

11 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Almost no addons that were developed for 32bit run on 64bit >>without making the simulator unstable<<. They might work at the first place but don‘t wonder about crashes if you try it...

Don't forget the English word "one" for exactly that meaning: "They might work in the first place, but don't wonder about crashes if one tries it..." :happy:

Edited by squerble
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, squerble said:

Don't forget the English word "one" for exactly that meaning: "They might work in the first place, but don't wonder about crashes if one tries it..." :happy:

Thanks... I wasn‘t sure how to use „don‘t wonder“ with „one“ :laugh:

19 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

That is not as simple, addons developed using the SDK to create dll for their products and were made for 32 bits version simply won't run in v4 as it is 64 bits. That's simple.

For more simple addons there might be some that will work in aircraft, but also sceneries might work directly or have simply updated installers, because those things that are visuals only are impacted by the change to 64 bits. The biggest changes are the thing linked to the Dynamic Lighting but it's a small part and does not render older scenery unusable.

Right now its a very fat $$$ outlay in the upgrade. Apart from some  expensive add ons needed to be bought again there is the PC upgrade at very inflated prices.

ZORAN