Sign in to follow this  
David B

WOW! What a Frappin slideshow!!

Title says it all gang. I'm new to P3D. Running 4.1 at the moment. Yes, I do know that 4.2 is released.  Will look into that version, specially if it fixes issue.

Running Win 7 Ult 64 bit, Intel 6850 chip (No Overclock yet), 1080 video card w/ 12gigs Vram. 64GB of Patriot Ram. I took off from FSDT PHOG scenery. Also running the flight sim jewels Hawaii scenery as well. No George Keahogh(sp) stuff.

Also, running latest version of REX Sky Force 3D. Everything was fine till I approach PHNL, again FSDT scenery...all updated to run in P3D4.x.  By the time I was on final, a total slideshow!  Very frustrating. Virus stuff ESET32 excluding folders etc. Same for Malwarebytes.

I have read the P3D guides, watched some vids as well. Also, did the flight again, just P3D clear WX...same result.  I have FXaa ON, 4xFSAA ON Tried both 33 frames and unlimited...same results. Vsync ON, HDR ON, Meshs etc almost all the way up.

I realize I have some tweaking to do, were would you start. Not using Nvidea Inspector at the moment.  I thought I had a pretty powerful machine....guess not. Unless I'm missing some settings here. I was flying the latest/last version of Flysimware MU-2 Marquise.

I haven't flown around too many more areas, as mentioned..new to P3D.   I know I can get smooth flights, just not exactly sure were to start.  Most of what I had set, came from the P3D setup guide I believe. Some may have come

from forum suggestions as well.  At anyrate, just want to enjoy my sim again with smoothness. Any ideas appreciated. What may be the best baseline to start, then increase from there for my machine. Do I need that process lasso to help troubleshoot. Just looking for some ideas please.

Thank You.

Best,

David

Hi David

To isolate whether it's a sim-setting issue, try deleting your Prepar3D.config from C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 (NB: User in bold will be your username or profile under which you run P3D).

Start the SIM, stay on the defaults loaded after a new Prepar3D.config has been generated and try to redo the same flight with the default settings in place. You may lose the FSDT scenery if your mesh and resolution default settings are low, i.e. not in line with the FSDT recommended settings, but try to see if the stuttering and/or slide-show has been resolved. If it is, then progressively tweak the in-game settings to your preference - Dynamic Lighting has a major impact on settings but given your hardware, should not be a major issue. Tweaks other than the LM recommended ones are not really encouraged however having said that, I find that my SIM runs a lot better with an Affinity Mask and HT on (17-4790K, GTX980 and 16GB DDR3 RAM)

You could also try at a more recent payware airport if available, given those FSDT sceneries are pretty dated. Probably FlightBeam or some of the newer FSDT ones like KCLT/KSDF and KMEM.

On the hardware side, what resolution are you running at? VGA-card driver updated or which driver version are you running? Memtest and tried isolating the memory sticks for issues - you could try downgrading to 32GB or 16GB, if feasible for your setup?

Just completed a full reinstall to P3D v4.2 and a general PC cleanup, so also underway with reinstall and configuring on medium settings for now. Pays to start off with settings that allow the SIM to remain fluid before adding the eyecandy.

Hope this helps and kind regards

Maddod at KIAD, SkyForce and SP4 running

Post_Cleanup.jpg

FSL A320 at Samos (LGSM) - testing temps after PC Cleanup. Using air-cooling only
PC.jpg

FSL as above
PC1.jpg

FSL A320 at FT Vienna with My Traffic 6 
FSL2.jpg

Hope this helps and kind regards

• Upvote 1

What are FRAPPERS?

• Like 1

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi  Tokitaumelie. Thank You for the insight. I’ll give that a go. I was under the impression, that the FSDT Hawaiin scenery was updated for P3D 4.x. Will double check. Running larest Nvidea drivers. Resolution is 1980x1280 32. I think not at

computer as I type this.

Best,

David

55 minutes ago, David B said:

Hi  Tokitaumelie. Thank You for the insight. I’ll give that a go. I was under the impression, that the FSDT Hawaiin scenery was updated for P3D 4.x. Will double check. Running larest Nvidea drivers. Resolution is 1980x1280 32. I think not at

computer as I type this.

Best,

David

Good day David

All FSDT sceneries are P3Dv4 compatible. My reference was in comparison to some of the newer FSDT sceneries that utilise some of the newer features made possible by P3D v4.

With that resolution and hardware, your PC should be more than fine to handle the likes of 4K.

Have you updated SODE?  Latest version is 1.6.2 available at https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

Are you also running FSUIPC? Latest version is 5.1.24.

Kind regards

Your non overclocked CPU is the issue.  3.6 Ghz (turbo 3.8)

all those cores do pretty much nothing for P3D.

after all these years P3D is still CPU oriented.   Try to get that thing up to 4.5 GHz

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hey guys, Thanks for input.  I deleted cfg and shaders let P3D rebuild, then flew...no changes on cfg. All was well till final approach PHNL, then things got real sluggish and stuttery.

I believe it has to do with the PHNL scenery. With those low P3D settings, would expect things to be smooth.  Flight back to PHOG, T/O PHNL, had some stuttering with those low settings. Once out of PHNL area, things returned silky smooth again.

Ryan, will work on a higher OC later. With basic defaults from P3D 4.1, I would think my machine could handle it.  Not used SODE. Do use FSUIPC latest version for P3D 4.x

At least I have something to try and narrow down further.  Left msg in FSDT forum as well. Thanks

David

@David B can you post screenshots of your in-sim settings?  Mainly the scenery and lighting settings?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Your non overclocked CPU is the issue.  3.6 Ghz (turbo 3.8)

all those cores do pretty much nothing for P3D.

after all these years P3D is still CPU oriented.   Try to get that thing up to 4.5 GHz

+1

David

Also try updating your FSDT Addons via the Couatl Updater. 

Kind regards

Hey guys, start a 3 day trip tomorrow. Will look into things upon return. Thanks for the input.

Best,

David