Sign in to follow this  
Monsieurigolo

Carenado Fokker F50 - Battery issue

Hello,

I Just purchased the Carenado Fokker F50 (V 1.1). As I usually fly small turboprops (mainly C208), this one seems a bit more complexe, without reaching the complexity of a jet.
By the way, I've got an issue, and as usual, no flying manual is provided by Carenado. I noticed after following the engine start procedure (cold&Dark)  shown in the video made by Carenado, that all panel instruments turn down after about 15 minutes, whether I'm on the ground or in the air. (the engines still work fine, but the panel stays dark). I suppose I forgot something, like turning on a switch related to the battery, but I can't find the solution to that issue.

Maybe you can help me ?

Many thanks and best regards

Edited by Monsieurigolo

Did you switch on the generators? BTW, the flightdeck logic is such that buttons are not illuminated when they are in their normal state.

Regards,

Henry

I have the exact same issue, everything goes dark after +- 15 mins. Generators are ON though. Are you guys talking about the "knob" ? I have to set it to Freq GEN (50 Volts?)? Is there a manual available somewhere?

Edited by tombollie

Tombollie,

Why do you think the generators are on? As long as the two generator buttons are illuminated (showing "off"), the generators are OFF, not ON. This may be your mistake.

For all kind of information (detailed subsystem manuals) for the F50 take a look at:

http://www.smartcockpit.com/

Regards,

Henry

Edited by Henry_C
typo

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:06 PM, tombollie said:

I have the exact same issue, everything goes dark after +- 15 mins. Generators are ON though. Are you guys talking about the "knob" ? I have to set it to Freq GEN (50 Volts?)? Is there a manual available somewhere?

It's a bug. 

GPU won't work anyway.

Our option is to setup the plane and start the engines very quickly ! :dry:

PS - Carenado has a Pop up menu to turn on GPU with their Citation S550 which is quite older then the F50 (and it actually Works quite well)... And they are sometimes crazy enough to not implement a simple thing in a much newer add-on like the F50...

Go figure..... :blink:

Edited by Fabio

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

I didn't appear to have that problem yet, but from another Carendo airplane I assumed that I should not only switch on external power, but also set the voltage rotating switch to external. I am not sure whether I actually spent more than 15 minutes in the cockpit without starting the engines, but I would think so.

Peter

Answer recived from Carenado: 

"In this aircraft, the GPU it´s not modeled, so even if you press the ext power button, the batteries will deplete."

On 28/3/2018 at 6:51 AM, pacoge said:

Answer recived from Carenado: 

"In this aircraft, the GPU it´s not modeled, so even if you press the ext power button, the batteries will deplete."

Doesn't surprise me to be honest.

Anyway I tell you that yesterday, instead of beguining from D&C situation started from SYSTEMS situation and turned on Ex. Pwr. and stayed for more than twenty minutes and everything was OK.