Sign in to follow this  
raflucgr

B744 Navigation Display Remarks

Hello there,

I am starting this thread in an attempt to get more informed about the way information is dipslayed in the bottom left corner of the ND, which  I suspect, might be wrong. It's also worth noting that, only aircrafts equipped with older CRT screens appear to be affected.

So let's take a look at the navigation display of a real 747-400 with cathode ray tube displays:

Navigation_Display_(ND)_on_Boeing_747-40

As we can see in the bottom left corner, we have starting from the top:

-TCAS mode

-Navigation Data points

-WRX mode/Terrain Map info

-VOR/ADF 

Now, let's compare this to the ND on PMDG's simulation.

1520765971-2018-3-11-11-39-47-729.jpg

Still starting from the top, the order is the following:

-Navigation Data points

-WRX mode/Terrain map

-TCAS mode

-VOR/ADF

So, actually my question is pretty simple: is this something that may have been modeled incorrectly by PMDG ? 

In order to prove me right or wrong, I am very much looking forward to hearing the input of anyone more familiar with the intricacies of the -400 than I am ;)

Cheers,

Edited by raflucgr

I can't offer a definitive answer but maybe it's different software versions?

David Porrett

Very soon, you will be asked for data. Not pictures of two different aircraft in two different configurations. Just a heads up. 

The configuration doesn't matter,  the spots where WRX mode, TCAS mode and NDP selection are displayed are always the same, regardless of the config or where the Aircraft sits. I have plenty of other pictures of 744 with CRT screens illustrating this. But as suggested by David, it could well be due to a different software version modeled by PMDG....I don't know and that's why I am genuinely asking for some insight on this forum, as there are likely some people reading this, who have a more intricate knowledge of the 747 and could potentially confirm or contradict my point. 

I am certainly not claiming this is bug, I simply claimed that I noticed this discrepancy between "some" real -400 and the PMDG simulation and I am merely trying to understand why prior to calling it a mistake.

Edited by raflucgr

3 hours ago, raflucgr said:

Hello there,

I am starting this thread in an attempt to get more informed about the way information is dipslayed in the bottom left corner of the ND, which  I suspect, might be wrong. It's also worth noting that, only aircrafts equipped with older CRT screens appear to be affected.

So let's take a look at the navigation display of a real 747-400 with cathode ray tube displays:

As we can see in the bottom left corner, we have starting from the top:

-TCAS mode

-Navigation Data points

-WRX mode/Terrain Map info

-VOR/ADF 

Now, let's compare this to the ND on PMDG's simulation.

Still starting from the top, the order is the following:

-Navigation Data points

-WRX mode/Terrain map

-TCAS mode

-VOR/ADF

So, actually my question is pretty simple: is this something that may have been modeled incorrectly by PMDG ? 

In order to prove me right or wrong, I am very much looking forward to hearing the input of anyone more familiar with the intricacies of the -400 than I am ;)

Cheers,

Lucas,

This has been confirmed that is not correct and has been already been fixed for the next major patch release.

Edited by Olympic260

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Lucas,

This has been confirmed that is not correct and has been already been fixed for the next major patch release.

Thanks for confirming Chris, I am looking forward to this major update which is seemingly shaping up to bring a host of fixes/improvements.

1 hour ago, MattS said:

Good catch Lucas! 

:wink: