Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Insufficient Fuel message - Always?

Hello,

I'm always using the Fuel & Load manager to compute required fuel from my flight plan and inject it in the aircraft tanks.

I insert in the FMS the right inputs, and the same final reserve (usually 1000 kgs).

But on all my flights, yet during the climb, The FMS displays the "Insufficient fuel" message. However I'm able to land each time with more that the planned reserve.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something, but what?

Thanks for your tips

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi Roland,

My procedure for filling the tanks is the same as yours, though i set around 3-4 as final reserve.

On many flights the FMC gives me the "Insufficiant fuel" message, whereafter i reset the reserve fuel to 2 wich deletes the message.

Always i still have sufficient fuel after landing, just like you.

I wonder also what that is?

Kind regards,

Ben

Confirm that you insert the total fuel on board (not the trip fuel!) on the FMS´s  PERF INIT page.  

Edmundo Azevedo

Could be  wrong  here  but  some  one  will correct,   think its  saying  your  using  your  reserve  fuel  to  your  alternate  airport   since   you have  imputed   a  lower  value   in  your  reserve   fuel  in the fmc.  This has  been   mentioned  a few  times  in other  addons  threads  eg  ngx,  777 

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Not 100 % sure but I think a warning is generated every time you are set to land with less than a fixed value of 2000 kgs. The one you get. Then you have a different warning if you land with less than your diversion fuel. That is the fuel you have entered in the FMC.

The fuel you enter in the FMC should be your final reserve fuel (30 mins) + fuel to alternate + any extra fuel. 1000 kgs is way too low, and you will then  most likely go below 2000 kgs in your flight = fuel warning.