Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Latest edition of PC Pilot gives Aerofly FS 2 a Score of 90

Hi all:

The latest edition of PC Pilot Magazine, No. 114 - March/April 2018, Page 21, makes a review of Aerofly FS 2 and gives a PC Pilot Score of 90. Relevant points of the review were:

• 3D Modelling >>> EXCELLENT
  • Graphics >>> STUNNING
  • Documentation >>> VERY GOOD
  • Performance >>> OUTSTANDING

The review concludes that Aerofly FS 2, even if it's still on a continuing development phase, offers an unmatched level of realism due to the excellent performance it provides, and in their own words "if you want to experience what real flying is like, go and buy AFS2 and see for yourself".

As a previous user of other simulators, I can say that AFS2 has allowed me to discover a new and satisfactory experience in flight simulation. Its unprecedent fluidity in both 2D and VR, aircraft physics simulation, reliability (yes, no more FS crashes and lockups, pauses, stuttering, etc.), design simplicity (no more scenery layering and prioritization and related stuff), easiness of installation, easy-to-use SDK, excellent support by IPACS, easy-to-update and files verification capabilities through the Steam platform, makes AFS2 in my opinion the next-gen simulator that everybody should consider and try out from now on.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 11-3-2018 at 6:20 PM, edpatino said:

As a previous user of other simulators, I can say that AFS2 has allowed me to discover a new and satisfactory experience in flight simulation. Its unprecedent fluidity in both 2D and VR, aircraft physics simulation, reliability (yes, no more FS crashes and lockups, pauses, stuttering, etc.), design simplicity (no more scenery layering and prioritization and related stuff), easiness of installation, easy-to-use SDK, excellent support by IPACS, easy-to-update and files verification capabilities through the Steam platform, makes AFS2 in my opinion the next-gen simulator that everybody should consider and try out from now on.

This. Though in addition I'd like to add that all this goes for the original Steam version. If possible, skip the Aerosoft dvd version (which also can be bought as a download from some flightsim stores).

AFS2 for civilian VR flying is unmatched. Fluidity, realism, clarity. The plane interiors and exteriors are beautiful and the addons being developed are greatly adding to its value.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb