Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

FlightBeam add-ons flashing textures

Hello forum users!

For some reason, my FB scenery has flashing ground textures.

When i'm on the ground, the textures flash so terribly whenever I move the camera around.

I use chaseplane, and people told me to set ClipMode = Normal in the Cameras.cfg.

So I did. But, the texture flashing is still present ONLY on FlightBeam scenery.

The worst ones was FlightBeam KMSP.

I have ORBX global, vector, and openLC North America.

So whats the problem?

Same problem here. I am at ORBX Meigs field.  Outside view, above aircraft. When I pan around, the ground textures start flashing in spots. I use Chaseplane as well.

Steve Sumner

On 3/12/2018 at 1:13 AM, Aaron Kim said:

Hello forum users!

For some reason, my FB scenery has flashing ground textures.

When i'm on the ground, the textures flash so terribly whenever I move the camera around.

I use chaseplane, and people told me to set ClipMode = Normal in the Cameras.cfg.

So I did. But, the texture flashing is still present ONLY on FlightBeam scenery.

The worst ones was FlightBeam KMSP.

I have ORBX global, vector, and openLC North America.

So whats the problem?

+2.

I have Flight Beam Washington and see some flickers, but not terrible.  

I bought Orbx Meigs Field in the recent sale. Bad flasing on the runway at the threshold? Turning off the "Hard Winter" textures in the Control Panel helped a little. 

The worst add on I purchased was AS Heathrow. All the buildings have flickers, the further away you are the worse it gets? Not "Mega" in my experience!

I am looking forward to the FSDT 64 bit Chicago, O Hare. The flickering and flasing we see at airports is reputed to be from 32 bit (FSX) scenery? Optimised or ported over scenery, that  was designed for the VAS limited 32 bit simulators, no use in 64 bit anymore!

The 64 bit only versions that FSDT are moving towards are designed to eliminate the (FSX) flickers, they are made with the 64 bit SDK....Fingers crossed.

On 3/12/2018 at 1:13 AM, Aaron Kim said:

I use chaseplane, and people told me to set ClipMode = Normal in the Cameras.cfg

In which camera definition section of the camera.cfg would you do this?  There are various Chaseplane definition entries, all with a Clipmode entry.  Do you need to change ALL of them to normal?

I have flashing textures at most of my big third party airport sceneries.

Edited by ErichB

18 hours ago, ErichB said:

In which camera definition section of the camera.cfg would you do this?  There are various Chaseplane definition entries, all with a Clipmode entry.  Do you need to change ALL of them to normal?

I have flashing textures at most of my big third party airport sceneries.

I only edit the Cameras.cfg