Sign in to follow this  
francisp320

GSX Menu

Hi,

I've been experiencing this weird problem with gsx on P3Dv4.2 wherein every time i ask GSX to deboard, refuel, cater etc. and when everything's done I cant open the GSX menu again. I tried restarting the airport cache but i still cant open the menu. Whats causing this problem and is there a fix for this? I already sent an email to FSdreamteam but still no reponse.

Thanks,

Francis

Edited by francisp320

You don't need to send an email to support. Post on the GSX support forum here. Umberto provides very good support.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=50.0

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Its a new issue since 4.2 came out. I had a similar issue too, so I hopped over the to FSDT forum and it seems there are lots of problems with the menu's at the moment.

If I recall correctly, according to the dev its a LM issue and there's not much he can do to fix it.

There is indeed 1 issue with v4.2 when selecting menu options by pressing keys on your Keyboard: the last pressed number key will be instantly "virtualy" pressed when you open the next window.

E.g.: Open ATC window and select an option pressing the requiered number on your KB -> open another window e.g ASPv4 or GSX (or whatever) Menu and instantly the same number get's choosen without you doing anything.

This issue is LM dependant! Nothing else that a 3rd party developer could do!

-> Workaround: select the options with your mouse!

Now I don't think that the OP has an issue with this because as he stated he can't open the menu! In the first case the menu will flash (show then dissapear) because the previously pressed key will be as an imput to GSX but if you press again Ctrl+F12, the menu will show up!

So I do guess that the OP has another issue than the known one.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

This was driving me crazy, thought it was my keyboard but I saw no other application affected. Just pressing Ctr+F12 it would already select an option. Ran the live updater several times and no dice. Until LM releases a hotfix I'll just have to select it from the menu bar then.

9 hours ago, FrankSalo said:

This was driving me crazy, thought it was my keyboard but I saw no other application affected. Just pressing Ctr+F12 it would already select an option. Ran the live updater several times and no dice. Until LM releases a hotfix I'll just have to select it from the menu bar then.

You can still call the window with Ctrl+F12 (or Ctrl + F11 for ASPv4, or standard Scroll for ATC window) just don't choose an option from that window by Keyboard but select it with your Mouse. If you choose your option by Keyboard, the Key you pressed will be given automatically to the next Window you call up.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Interesting that the mouse selection works for you guys.  For me I simply select (mouse) the AS option via the Addons menu, let it quickly flash by and then disappear and then I select (mouse) the GSX menu (which then acts like normal).  

If if I were to select (mouse) the gsx menu straight it quickly flashes and automatically selects an option.  Note I do use numbers for my CP views.  Some have suggested changing CP assigned keys (ie don’t use numbers), but that didn’t make a difference for me.  

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

10 hours ago, Hilkiah said:

Note I do use numbers for my CP views.

I'm certain that this is your issue then. All choiches presented in windows are selected by Numbers. Since you use numbers for CP views, the last number will be transmitted to your next window ;).

On my end I assigned letters to CP views like: R-Radio, O-Overhead, T-Thrust, F-FMC,....and therefore those keys will not interfere with GSX/ASPv4/ATC choiches.

Gerald K. - Germany

Just assign shortcuts to keyboard letters instead of numbers and you’ll be fine, no need for mouse. 

It is amazing/astounding/unbelievable/annoying/unforgivable that this hasn't been fixed by now already. Shame on LM. Wouldn't surprise me if this won't get fixed until v4.3. I myself use numbers all of the time and I don't like to change my 'workflow' because LM added this bug to P3D. I don't even have P3D installed due to this bug: I am waiting for the fix but never expected it to take this long. Really terrible bad support.