Sign in to follow this  
SoloPilot

Qualitywings or Captain Sim 757?

Although I’m pretty sure this topic has been created before, I don’t think it’s been for a few years. I currently own the JustFlight 757. However, I’m considering getting something more immersive and realistic. I’m just wondering which is the better way to go? QW or CS? Both seem like great products. 

I can only speak for the QW 757:

+ Excellent framerates
+ Lower price than the CS 757

- Not all systems are modeled (or at least not all switches are interactive)
- Highly annoying copy protection/licensing system

Plus some weird clickspots on some control knobs, but I've created modifications to improve that.

Of the CS757, I've heard that it's hard on framerates, expensive and slightly buggy, but otherwise fully featured.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I had both installed in FS9 but only have the QW 757 in FSX. Certainly in FS9 the QW aircraft was better and had fewer bugs which was why I chose not to use the CS one in a FSX. I really like the QW 757 and use it quite frequently. As Bjoern says frame rates are good and another positive point is that it is not too heavy on VAS, which is always a consideration when using FSX.

I think Level-D may have one in the pipeline but I am not sure whether that will be developed for FSX or one of the other platforms or when it might become available.

Bill

Edit: Many aircraft marketed by Just Flight are not developed by them and I think that their FS9 757 was Captain Sim so you may wish to see if CS was also involved in JF's FSX version otherwise you might just be buying something you already have!

Edited by scianoir

Don't confuse the 757s offered by JustFlight. The FS2004 version is PSS', while the one for FSX is an in-house, freemium development.

And I've never gotten that far with the QW version, but its flight dynamics are supposedly better than CaptainSim's.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

When I said I have he QW 757, I mean I have the FSX “Freemium.” So by the sounds of it, the QW is more middle of the road, while CS is more PMDG-level? Which one is more worth the money?

7 hours ago, SoloPilot said:

while CS is more PMDG-level?

I have many Captain Sim aircraft but I don't think any of them would be considered close to PMDG level! Indeed most of them have quite a few annoying bugs. However, as I haven't experienced their 757 in FSX, it would be unfair of me to criticise it although I would be surprised if it too didn't have its share of bugs. I can say however that I have found the Quality Wings 757, although it is not quite PMDG level, very enjoyable to fly with a fully functional and essentially bug free FMC and sufficient systems functionality to enable me to make many airline type flights without any annoying hiccups! But that is just my personal opinion.

Bill

Awesome, thank you! It sounds like, judging by other forums and from what you’ve said, that the Quality Wings 757 is a bit better than the Captain Sim. 

The QW is very light with systems, but fun to fly. More importantly, it’s consistent. The CS 757 behaves oddly and erratically on occasion.

Orman

I find that while the CS 757 is enjoyable to "putter around in," it lacks the accuracy in systems that PMDG would put into such a bird, or Level D. It has many errors in systems logic and boeing logic, and would be badly used as a training tool. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Wait for the new CS 757. Already available for P3Dv4 and will "soon" be available for fsx.

From what I have seen, it is a more in-depth model and would be much better than their current 757 and that of QW

If you decide to wait, then I would suggest the Level-D 757 would be the one to wait for.

Bill

Hi,

The QW 757 may not be an in-depth simulated aircraft, nevertheless you get a lot of value for its' current price - btw. all models and engine variants are simulated, you get more than enough liveries, al in all for not more than 25USD (in their own store). You do not need to wait for this one. You cannot make a big mistake purchasing it.

The new CS 757 for FSX? You may need to wait a year or more for it, taking their current pace into account they take for converting their FSX/P3D products to P3Dv4 - prove me wrong CS!

The Level-D 757? Since when is that project running ... ?

If I would not own it already, I would get it.

Cheers
Frank

10 hours ago, mdata said:

The Level-D 757? Since when is that project running ... ?

Has been under development for some years apparently and was previewed by Flight1 at Flight Sim Con 2017 when it was described at being "80% complete". 

If you read my previous posts, you will see that I too recommended the QW757, but suggested that if the OP was going to wait for any 757 he would be better waiting for the Level-D version rather than the Captain Sim version!

Bill

7 hours ago, scianoir said:

If you read my previous posts, you will see that I too recommended the QW757, but suggested that if the OP was going to wait for any 757 he would be better waiting for the Level-D version rather than the Captain Sim version!

Bill

Yes, Bill, I read all the posts above, including yours and I agree with your perception of the different offers. I just wanted to point out that waiting for a better 757 can become rather long and frustrating. That's why I suggested to get the QW757 for a good price (and I should have expressed myself less sarcastic).
I am a bit frustrated myself since I am waiting for all the long haul aircraft I enjoyed so much in FSX to be re-developed for P3Dv4 since its' release. And there is no sign of them appearing on the horizon... (namely a good 767 ...)

Cheers
Frank