Sign in to follow this  
SoloPilot

Qualitywings or Captain Sim 757?

2 hours ago, mdata said:

I just wanted to point out that waiting for a better 757 can become rather long and frustrating.

No problem Frank! The wait for some of these can be very frustrating - the QW 787 is a perfect example and seemed to take forever to appear from the time it was first announced. I can understand why a few developers such as A2A keep their new products under wraps until ready for release to avoid repeated "how long more?" posts on their forums!

Kind regards,

Bill

Is the CS757 PMDG quality? No, but it does get a bad rap, as users expect it to have similar system functionality as more modern variants. The thing is CS models both the 757 and 767 as they were when first produced back in the early 80's (Look at the old eggtimer on the overhead :biggrin:) For example one of the biggest complaints is it doesn't calculate TOD's. You have to remember the 757/767 were the first airliners to even have FMC's and are different then the later variants. You have to either use a transition to the runway or if none is in the NAV DB, you have to define a EOD waypoint, similar to the Q400. Most systems are modelled in the CS757, but are not at the level of PMDG or other high quality developers, but then neither is the QW757 which models even less functions. The new P3D V4 version just released systems do appear much better, and that should be coming to FSX soon (Hopefully) 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

12 hours ago, tf51d said:

Is the CS757 PMDG quality? No, but it does get a bad rap, as users expect it to have similar system functionality as more modern variants. The thing is CS models both the 757 and 767 as they were when first produced back in the early 80's (Look at the old eggtimer on the overhead :biggrin:) For example one of the biggest complaints is it doesn't calculate TOD's. You have to remember the 757/767 were the first airliners to even have FMC's and are different then the later variants. You have to either use a transition to the runway or if none is in the NAV DB, you have to define a EOD waypoint, similar to the Q400. Most systems are modelled in the CS757, but are not at the level of PMDG or other high quality developers, but then neither is the QW757 which models even less functions. The new P3D V4 version just released systems do appear much better, and that should be coming to FSX soon (Hopefully) 

Hmm okay. I wish there was a trial that I could get