Sign in to follow this  
Chandler

Using Pimax 4k with P3D V4

Hi all,

I have searched the forum for an answer, but didn't found one. How exactly is it possible to use the Pimax 4K with P3D?

I have rented a Oculus Rift CV1 to try it out, but I need better resolution. So I came across the Pimax 4K. I know I need Nolo VR for positional tracking, but I'd like to know, how to get the Pimax 4K to work before I buy one.

Do I need additional software, like Steam VR etc.?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Sven

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Chandler, I use the Pimax with P3Dv4.2 and although I haven’t used any other headset to compare the clarity against the 4K Pimax I find it excellent using native P3Dv4 VR. Flyinside reduces the resolution too much for my liking so I don’t use it anymore.

With the Pimax all instruments are clear and readable. 

The Pimax uses the same setup as the vive using steamVR. So once steam is installed the only other bit of software is PIPlay from the Pimax website and you’re good to go.

Even an old bloke like me got it working easily enough.

You’ll be very happy with the Pimax until the 8k version comes out.

IM

Edited by Iceman2

Hello Iceman

thank you for your help, I really appreciate it...

I will surely buy one, was thinking of waiting for the 8K, but as my system had even with a GTX1080 some struggles with the Rift, I think the 8K is more for future systems.

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

If your post is directed at me, I'm not from the netherlands, nor do I know what kaarsenmaker means 😉

I'm german...

Sven

Hello Sven,

oke Thank you, Im from netherlands.

i tink we have the same intrested about vr.

i was using the rift for 1 Year so now i find out 

if somebody can show me the working of pimax 8k whit fsx.

so Pleace let me know someting about This do do i olso for sure

jsco