Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Jacques

SPAD.neXt Support

Hello users of SPAD.neXt,

I'm a few days away from the expiry date of this wonderful application's trial version. After reading the documentation available which focusses primarily on 'how to get started', I was able to get Spad.neXt, for example, to not turn on the Radio and Multi panels unless both the Battery and Avionics switches are ON, turn the Flight Instrument panels ON only when the Battery switch is activated (that's probablly not realistic!), and assign the Auto Throttle switch on the Multi panel to engage and disengage the Parking Brakes in the C172. I truly appreciate the depth of this application.

I also read many posts on Spad.neXt's forum and this is where the clouds get darker from a support perspective. I found several unanswered questions some of which date back quite a while and a few posts from users who have upgraded their simulator rigs (motherboard) and are waiting for a new key because their previous key no longer works with the new hardware. After registering on the forum, I submitted a few posts which have never been posted. So I'm less than impressed with the support provided especially regarding users still waiting for a replacement key. In my mind, that should be priority number one.

I wondered about the cause. Workload? Users not caring to close the loop on a post such as not acknowledging that in fact a replacement key was received? Real life events in the life of the developer? That happens to all of us and is understandable but if that's the case, someone should inform the audience. I even wrote to one of the users who, according his post on the forum, is still waiting for a replacement key and sadly did not receive a response as of today (March 12).

Addon support ranks high in importance because without it, where do you go for help when that help can only be provided by the author of the application.

So obviously I'm disappointed that the decision to invest in this software is not an easy one for me. I'm split two ways : buy it and risk not getting support from the developer (I'm planning to upgrade my client PC sometime this year) or, not buy it which would deprive me of what I consider 'THE' answer to getting the most out of my investment in Saitek hardware.

I would very much appreciate your help by offering me a few words about your experience with support provided to date.

Thank you.

Jean-Jacques Malette

I have never had issues with support for SPAD.neXt.  I believe, though I could be completely wrong, that the developer has had some personal health issues that has kept them away for a while.  

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

18 hours ago, WarpD said:

I have never had issues with support for SPAD.neXt.  I believe, though I could be completely wrong, that the developer has had some personal health issues that has kept them away for a while.  

Thank you Ed for sharing your experience. I did buy the software last week and glad I did. And the good news is that I read this morning (19th of March) on the Spad forum that Ulrich has surfaced after being seemingly absent for a while. If it's health or other personal challenge, we wish him all the best. At least one person who was waiting on him to reactivate his Spad licence was relieved to hear from the developer.

Licence reactivation was of most concern to me. However, after buying a licence and now using a registered version, I noticed that a 'deactivate licence' option is available from the Settings menu. Based on comments from one poster, that function works well and without developer involvement. However, for those users whose computer quits without notice and therefore no longer have access to the software, the developer must be contacted. I'm writing to Ulrich this morning to propose that an option to deactivate our licence should be available in our profile.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques