Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Chaseplane (ezdok) question

I am exploring the purchase of one of these products primarily to get the motion effects of the camera.  Plus, I use TrackIR.

Do you still have to set up the camera presets or does TrackIR eliminate having to set specific presets?  For instance, when I look at the overhead panel I do not want to look at it straight on, I want it to look as it would if I were in the Captain's seat.  Can I assume that by now you can download camera presets eliminating the need to take the time to do so?  I would be using the basic views since I do not plan to video.

I have not made up my mind on which to purchase even after watching several videos and tutorials.  It appears the Chaseplane may be a little more user friendly for the novice at using this tool.  

Thanks in advance for your insights and I welcome all comments regarding this tool.

Ken

Hi!

First, watch the video about EZdok:

https://m.youtube.com/user/Marniftarr

We are constantly developing the program and you have on the forum can always find out all the news and to get any help

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-software_forum39.html

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

You will get all forms of answers regarding which product and you'll figure out the right one for you. I use TrackIR and I also have many camera presets. Sometime it can be hard to get that little switch, or program a flight computer so I set up views with TrackIR disabled. It allows you to make those minor inputs without pulling out your hair because your head is bouncing. 

5 hours ago, kenthom said:

I am exploring the purchase of one of these products primarily to get the motion effects of the camera.  Plus, I use TrackIR.

Do you still have to set up the camera presets or does TrackIR eliminate having to set specific presets?  For instance, when I look at the overhead panel I do not want to look at it straight on, I want it to look as it would if I were in the Captain's seat.  Can I assume that by now you can download camera presets eliminating the need to take the time to do so?  I would be using the basic views since I do not plan to video.

I have not made up my mind on which to purchase even after watching several videos and tutorials.  It appears the Chaseplane may be a little more user friendly for the novice at using this tool.  

Thanks in advance for your insights and I welcome all comments regarding this tool.

Ken

Chaseplane is much easier to use, way better support, and a lot more updates. My favorite part is when I set up my views I go into the community section and select other users presets.  Works wonderfully.  Did I say it is much easier to use?

Matt Wilson

tBoy, have I been through this! Whew!   I used to use EZdok in FSX and was very pleased.  ALL I want are the "effects" on the cockpit.  I was not interested in all the camera views.  After months of talking to EZdok, they finally said that I could not do that.  My default camera views were all changed and I couldn't even get back to my VC view.  They wanted me to set a keyboard key to get back to VC.  It worked for one plane, but certainly not all the others.  I tried so very many suggestions by EZdok, but nothing worked.  They are more interested in the views than the effects when it comes to their new version for P3d.

I've bought Chaseplane, and even though its better, it's still a bit of a challenge to JUST GET the effects on every plane without going through the myriad of setting adjustments to just get what I had and loved in FSX.

If only someone would come out with a program to give me the wonderful moving effects in the cockpit and not MESS with my default views, I would be  happy camper.  Seems it doesnt' exist.  

I want to set up my default plane and have it work on ALL other planes in my stable without me having to adjust each one.  

I've uninstalled both EZdok and Chaseplane because neither gives me what I want.  All I want is for every plane to experience the effects, and I couldn't give one d_ _ _  about all the camera views. I'm happy with my default views.

Stan

Edited by spilok

I have been looking at the same thing over the last week, so my findings may (or may not) be of use to you, I don't use TrackIR, but do tend to prefer all my views to be from the pilot's perspective - much as you. 

First I purchased EZDOK2 through Flight1 and spent a good while setting the camera's up how I wanted, a bit fiddly but manageable, then went to try a flight, as soon as I started to taxi my view went crazy, messed around a bit with it - but after that decided I really didn't like the UI so took advantage of Flight1's refund policy. I left it about a week and then ultimately decided I wanted a camera add-on after all and purchased Chaseplane, which is easier to use and superior in nearly every way. Very little configuration needed and the effects seem just right to me, bizarrely my first couple of landings under Chaseplane have been my best according to LRM.

Whilst you can use the keyboard for either I have an XBOX 360 controller which I use for camera control - works great for scooting about the cockpit.

EZDOK2 is a release version, and (currently) is more stable than the beta of Chaseplane, although I am using the Experimental version so that won't help, but it gives more features. As Chaseplane get's towards v1.0 then you would expect even more features and stability to improve.

Since you can always get a refund from Flight1 I would probably suggest you try the same route (ie try EZDOK2 first), unless YouTube manages to convince you otherwise....

Regards,

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Problem solved for me.  I purchased ChasePlane and found it was extremely easy to set up the effects.  Of course I have had to play with them to get them to my liking but without any difficulty.

I tend to get my flight going and then move on to other things while the plane is travelling to descent.  I sometimes use 2x warp speed.  I have encountered a couple problems such as losing the TrackIR VC but was able to get it back without too much difficulty.  I am still experimenting and learning but very happy so far.  It has a lot of functions I will probably never use but that is okay....maybe I will down the road.  I do enjoy having more flexibility within the cabin looking around with much more movement and zoom.

Great product.

If you cockpit  motion like it would look in a real aircraft, hard to beat EZdok. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you cockpit  motion like it would look in a real aircraft, hard to beat EZdok. 

I tend to agree. Plus, you see lots of comments about the user interface with ezdok, but frankly I rarely have a need to even pull it up. I set my views for a given aircraft (takes me less than 10 minutes to do) and I never have to change it again.

• Like 1

- Aaron

cant  go past  chase  plane,  since  its  being  updated daily  and has users  imputs  being  added,  and the  dev  is  constantly  on  the  forum and is  quite  helpful

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 hours ago, spilok said:

Ive uninstalled both EZdok and Chaseplane because neither gives me what I want.  All I want is for every plane to experience the effects, and I couldn't give one d_ _ _  about all the camera views. I'm happy with my default views.

+1

Peter

• Like 1

I've been doing what I do....watching every video review of both products, reading everything I can find, (forums, official reviews, etc..) and I am stuck...  

On one hand, some of my favorite Youtube pilots that do reviews of scenery, planes, other addons all seem to LOVE EZDok.  It's what they all use.  Both in FSX and Prepar3D.  Many people say the 'smoothness' is much better in EZDok.  However, I read the forums and some reviews and they all really hammer on the lack of support as well as the developer vanishing for a few years giving ZERO support and basically abandoning the software....UNTIL a competitor actually showed up...then miraculously reappeared with a seriously lame reason for time away..  I have talked to many users that said now after v2 was released they still have a hard time getting support and it looks like there will NOT be any new versions coming anytime soon, if ever.  I base 99% of my spending on customer support.  PERIOD.  A product can have issues if support cares about me and fixing any issues I have quickly.  NOT looking good for EZDok...

Now, on the other hand, many people are sharing their views of Chaseplane and how they love it.  I gotta say, I do LOVE the GUI and as a former GUI developer for many different companies products this is a HUGE deal for me.  People say the support is great.....EXCEPT that the company treats all users as thieves.  You buy their software and they decide if they will allow you to reinstall it...  offensive initials not allowed????  I am NOT like everyone else on my computer....there are times I re-install my system software a couple times a month.  There are times I have reinstalled my FS's a couple times in a day!!!!   When I am doing product testing there are times, as you can imagine, when things go bad...and then a reinstall is easiest way to fix major issues.  Hell, I just reinstalled Prepar3D v4 2 times this week.  I'd be seriously screwed if I own Chaseplane,.  If I pay for their software I have every right (in a normal world) to delete it and reinstall it 100 times a day if I feel like it.  I OWN IT!!!  Apparently NOT with them.  I have also read that since the software you bought MUST talk to their computers for no other reason than to prove you are not a thief.  And if their system is down...or your internet is not working....you don't get to use YOUR software that YOU paid for.  I almost agree with another person's post I read on a forum...I will not buy JUST on principal alone because of this practice of theirs treating all their supporters as thieves!!!!  

What a conundrum!!!!   Tell ya what...if EZdok would simply decide that customers come first and the product needs to improve and grow regularly....I'd jump on that in a second....I'd even be happy to pay MORE for it than it currently costs.  As of now...I'll probably get neither and just get over it..  I'd LOVE for the devs of both products to reply to this post..  Pretty sure that won't happen though..  Maybe I'll make a youtube video of my views on this....and see if they care to watch...would hate for them to have to read it.  BTW, there are hacked versions of Chaseplane out there...that allow you to use it anytime and reinstall it anytime..  You can't beat the system...  However, I won't even steal their software!!!!  I'd pay for it...if not treated like a thief...  

Greg

Sim: Prepar3D v4.3  | System: Windows 10 64bit | i7-2600K Quad Core (8 lcpu) OC-3800MHz | 16GB DC 666.7MHz | Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3 (F6) | 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB | 2 AOC 24" HD Monitors | 1 Dell 22" HD Monitor | 1 47" Vizio 3D HD TV/Monitor | 1 Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Audio | 1 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | 1 Seagate 2TB | 1 STECH 8TB | 1 Seagate 10TB | 1 Toshiba 3TB | HP BD-RE Blu-ray DL RW

full_sig_banner500x80.jpg

Ok Greg,

I'm interrupting my dinner (A delicious Wendy's Baconator) to answer your previous message.

44 minutes ago, SpectroPro said:

my favorite Youtube pilots that do reviews of scenery, planes, other addons all seem to LOVE EZDok

This is untrue unless you are watching pre-2017 videos. I struggle to find any video content producer not using ChasePlane right now, even as a Beta.

EXCEPT that the company treats all users as thieves.

We are protective of our software, for good reasons but I don't think we are abusive in the way we manager activations. 99% of our users don't have an issue with our process. There is a balance to be had. If we don't protect our software at least a little bit, it ends up dying, lacking in features or going off the market because of piracy. Chaseplane is as amazing as it is today because of the protections we've put in place. Would you rather have a software like ChasePlane or be stuck with EzDok v1? That's my question to you.

I am NOT like everyone else on my computer....there are times I re-install my system software a couple times a month.  There are times I have reinstalled my FS's a couple times in a day!!!!

Why not sending us a message telling us about it so we can deal with it? We're friendly and understanding. There would be no problem increasing the limit of activations or you because of that. 

If I pay for their software I have every right (in a normal world) to delete it and reinstall it 100 times a day if I feel like it. 

You can reinstall CP as many times you'd like on the same Windows install. We simply limit the amount of systems you can install it on just like many other developers do. If you run out of activations, you send us a request through the website and we reset it within 48h (usually a few hours), no big deal...

I have also read that since the software you bought MUST talk to their computers for no other reason than to prove you are not a thief.  And if their system is down...or your internet is not working....you don't get to use YOUR software that YOU paid for.

Well you didn't read recent posts. Since last year, CP no longer has that requirement. You can use it offline no problem.

Now back to my Baconator.

EDIT: Just found out you don't even have the product activated yet. Are all those assumptions made before you event got your experience with the product??? If there is a problem with your serial number, give us time to figure it out and get you going. Our site says 24-48hrs, please respect that.

Edited by Keven Menard
  • Like 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Ok Greg,

I'm interrupting my dinner (A delicious Wendy's Baconator) to answer your previous message.

This is untrue unless you are watching pre-2017 videos. I struggle to find any video content producer not using ChasePlane right now, even as a Beta.

We are protective of our software, for good reasons but I don't think we are abusive in the way we manager activations. 99% of our users don't have an issue with our process. There is a balance to be had. If we don't protect our software at least a little bit, it ends up dying, lacking in features or going off the market because of piracy. Chaseplane is as amazing as it is today because of the protections we've put in place. Would you rather have a software like ChasePlane or be stuck with EzDok v1? That's my question to you.

Why not sending us a message telling us about it so we can deal with it? We're friendly and understanding. There would be no problem increasing the limit of activations or you because of that. 

You can reinstall CP as many times you'd like on the same Windows install. We simply limit the amount of systems you can install it on just like many other developers do. If you run out of activations, you send us a request through the website and we reset it within 48h (usually a few hours), no big deal...

Well you didn't read recent posts. Since last year, CP no longer has that requirement. You can use it offline no problem.

Now back to my Baconator.

EDIT: Just found out you don't even have the product activated yet. Are all those assumptions made before you event got your experience with the product??? If there is a problem with your serial number, give us time to figure it out and get you going. Our site says 24-48hrs, please respect that.

I didn't mean to make you eat a cold Baconator...and now I am freaking hungry!!!   Thanks!  LOL   And THANK YOU for making a liar out of me that no one would reply...I'd love to see the creator of EZD reply...but from what EVERYONE says...that will NOT happen.  LOL  Seriously, thank you for replying...Got some serious points in my book for that!!!

As I stated in my post...ALL of my concerns and my praises come from watching comparison videos, reading posts on many forums, reading written reviews.  I am basing good and bad on OTHER peoples comments and comparisons.  Fair or not, when it comes to my money, I study everything...especially the negatives...I always read negative reviews of anything before reading good reviews.  Hardware, software, cars, etc..   I did read where you have made exceptions to your rule for re-install...but as I stated...I pay for the product...then have to wait 24-48 hours to use it again...and as I also stated..sometimes, because of all the testing I do, I reinstall my system or my flight sim SOMETIMES (rarely..but it happens) a couple times in a day..or in a week.  Again, rare, but it happens.  I installed Prepar3D  2 times in the last 30 hours.  Forgive me if I find it wrong to not be able to use what I own because I have to wait for someone to allow it.  I'd say it's just me, but the same sentiment is on several forums voiced by quite a few people.  

Even my PMDG and Flight1 installs only verify me when I install/re-install... Once done I don't have to care if I am online or offline or if THEY are online or offline.  I have heard that some people couldn't use your software for a few days once because of some system issue.  And some have issues because THEIR internet has issues.  If I take my system with me to the Philippines where my internet connection at the house is VERY poor and doesn't work more than it does work...I'd hate to think that would mean I can't use your product.  As for pirates...they are what they are.  I used to create software many years ago on Macs.... I designed a protection algorithm for registration that, I kid you not, pirates went nuts over...I was called all sorts of names on BBS systems because they couldn't steal what I spent so long creating.  Of course, some little puke in Canada bought the software with a stolen CC...but it went through when he used it (he was like 12 at the time and stole it from his aunt) and then he released that serial info to the net.  Well, I took care of most of the stolen software as I created a really kick word not allowed update to it knowing everyone using it would have to have it.  (this was a client/server package)  I added a command that I could enter when connected to a server that would show me the license key.  If that key was a stolen one then I could enter another command that destroyed the software...  And did really nasty things on their monitors until they turned off their computer...at which point the software would NEVER run again. Yeah, I'm devious like that.  But, I know for a fact that just based on what I was able to track down...I lost close to $10,000.  But I knew it would happen again...and eventually someone cracked into the code and figured out what I had modified and they released a fix...but only as long as they had never had it SHUT DOWN in the first place..  Point being...I get it.  My point is when I legitimately own (pay) for something..it's mine.  I should have full access to use it anytime I want..regardless of what I do on my computer.  I also DO make hardware changes on my computer often..  Upgrading drives, processors, graphics cards, sound cards, memory, etc..   Should NOT be up to you to decide if my reason is reasonable to get what I paid for back.  Sorry, just how I feel about it...  But that horse is dead enough...

As for videos...I will absolutely admit that MOST of the ones I am watching currently (I've been out of FS for about 8 years) ARE 2017 and earlier videos..  God knows I keep looking for NEW ones...but all the ones showing products I am looking at are that old.. 

Like I said...I do see MANY great features of yours..  And would probably jump right on it...but yeah, I do hate when I am automatically assumed to be a criminal AFTER I paid for something.  I LOVE your GUI but my biggest USE concerns are 1) Several reviews I read where they LOVED your software were not super happy about how jumpy it was on their systems...while EZD was very smooth in all conditions.  2) That the MOTION was not as good in yours..  ..ie, air turbulence, ground bumpiness, turning effects, etc..  (now, in FAIRNESS to you on this one...those reviews were of ALPHA versions...  I have not seen but one reviewing you in beta...and that was the one that mentioned how much he loved it but had issues with it being jumpy when panning.)

Maybe I'll give it a try...I can (some would disagree) have an open mind....and if I like it and it works as I want...I'll do a NEW GREAT review for it.  I'm working on some reviews of other stuff currently as well.  

Greg

(ps...  The reason I even started looking at these products was I saw a video about EZD and how great it was for giving real motion like you 'feel' in a real plane.  As a pilot I missed that in FS..  I hope yours will NAIL that at some point if not already...and I do understand it's a constant work in progress!!!)

Sim: Prepar3D v4.3  | System: Windows 10 64bit | i7-2600K Quad Core (8 lcpu) OC-3800MHz | 16GB DC 666.7MHz | Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3 (F6) | 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB | 2 AOC 24" HD Monitors | 1 Dell 22" HD Monitor | 1 47" Vizio 3D HD TV/Monitor | 1 Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Audio | 1 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | 1 Seagate 2TB | 1 STECH 8TB | 1 Seagate 10TB | 1 Toshiba 3TB | HP BD-RE Blu-ray DL RW

full_sig_banner500x80.jpg