Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Time Change Fun...

March 11, 2018 - I was up all night watching the British Military on TV moving all the stones at Stonehenge forward one hour... :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, like they say......"Time's fun when your having flies".  Now where did I put my flice water?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It seems to take them a couple of weeks to complete the job:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=daylight+saving+in+uk&oq=daylight+saving+in+uk&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5247j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It takes a while longer for the news to reach New Zealand: 1 April as decreed by a faceless bureaucrat from Wellington. We get up in the middle of the night for what seems a long time as a result.  

Edited by WingZ

And now my home state is trying to get Congress to modify the law so we can stay on DST forever.

Doesn't matter to me as I don't like the change twice a year anyway. Sure gonna open up a whole new set of problems though.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Here in Indiana there are some counties who've opted out of time changing entirely for years now. It makes it rather difficult conducting business across the state, and it's confusing as heck everyone, particularly those who have to 'commute' to and from another county! :huh:

Fr. Bill    

18 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Here in Indiana there are some counties who've opted out of time changing entirely for years now. It makes it rather difficult conducting business across the state, and it's confusing as heck everyone, particularly those who have to 'commute' to and from another county! :huh:

Lived there in Hammond for three years, way back then. The reasoning has always been that "the region" is part of the Chicago metropolitan statistical area (MSA) and that the abundance of commerce was thus Chicago related.  I worked in an agriculture related field (no pun intended) and that thinking did not apply!  Related more to the steel mills and refinery.  And the soap factory!  All drew workers from across state lines, both directions.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, n4gix said:

You a Hoosier too? Yeah, I hated it when we changed. Ever since FSX the time was messed up. SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer corrected that.

Edited by bills511

16 hours ago, bills511 said:

You a Hoosier too?

Actually. I'm a Florida "Cracker". However, I moved from deep south Texas (Harlingen) up to Warsaw, and a few years later moved to Hammond where I've remained for the past 25 years of misery. :huh:

Fr. Bill