Sign in to follow this  
zburns896

F1 GTN Framerate chopped in half

Hello, after much thought trying to decide between the RXP GTN and the F1 GTN, I decided to go with the F1. Sadly I have come to find out that the frame rate has halved in the PC-12 (I haven't tried the other planes yet). Generally I will have the frame rate locked at 30 and, especially in the PC-12 it would stay at 30 or in the upper 20s. Once I added the GTN to the plane I am lucky to get 15 fps. Very disappointing and I am hoping at least someone has a solution.

I should probably mention I am running P3D v3 academic.

Thank you, 

Zach Burns

First of all, try to assign the GTN to the least used CPU core to avoid conflict with P3D!

Assuming that this is your PC (copied from your post at Simforums),

i5-5200U
6GB DDR3 RAM 1600mhz
Intel HD Graphics 5500

you may be attempting to run something that your config (integrated video?) cannot properly handle..

Most of us run P3D on 4GHz+ quad core CPUs with nvidia GTX 10xx video cards.. or better..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

you may be attempting to run something that your config (integrated video?) cannot properly handle..

Most of us run P3D on 4GHz+ quad core CPUs with nvidia GTX 10xx video cards.. or better..

Yeah, I mean, I am under the minimum specifications for just about every single add-on that I have so I didn't think much of it. I was actually surprised to see that my system could run scenarios like the PMDG 777 at Fly Tampa EHAM and still maintain about 30 fps but yes, it is integrated video. I'll try the CPU core assignment thing although I would have no idea where or how to do that haha. Perhaps I could also try to put everything back in FSX:SE since it is less demanding (Although I believe it is still broken after the latest windows 10 update).

Edit: Found where to assign the cores, so much easier than I thought.

Edited by zburns896

I think for now I can be content with just using the pop-up GTN's. In the future once/ if I get a better computer then I will simply install them into the VC's then. I am just happy that I now get to expand my options for where I fly and what aircraft I fly now that I won't be using the default FSX GPS.

11 hours ago, zburns896 said:

I think for now I can be content with just using the pop-up GTN's. In the future once/ if I get a better computer then I will simply install them into the VC's then. I am just happy that I now get to expand my options for where I fly and what aircraft I fly now that I won't be using the 

Excellent and mature thought.  So many of us agonize hour over hour about minutia (myself included)( instead of just enjoying our hobby.  Here! Here! to expanding options!

-Braun