Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Pushback, Gates and Jetways in XP11...

Since I brought this theme at another thread which is dedicated to the FF vs FSL Airbus comparison and it doesn't belong there, I decided to open this new thread...

I usually run P3D or XP11 at the minimum possible scenery settings, no autogen or trees in P3D, scenery # of objects to the lowest in XP11. In P3D the effect is acceptable since it doesn't kill the buildings / gates at the ( default ) airports, while in XP while on ground I have to increase the scenery complexity to the least required to get buildings... But, how do I get jetways when my aircraft is placed at a gate ?

And how do I get a pushback tug in XP11 ?

If the default doesn't support this, what freeware add-ons do you use ?

Thx for any hints!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme disks, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

For the push back tug, I would recommend the freeware plugin Better Pushback.  It allows you to preselect the pushback path exactly where you want and it will automatically take over.  

• Like 1

Using BetterPushback - really the Best !  And Free !!!!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I heard that BetterPushback is really awesome.

Just for the sake of completeness - there is a built-in pushback feature in X-Plane. You can request pushback through the "Flight/Show ground handling window" menu (default shift-g).

Once requested, they will send a push-back truck - note that you need to have a pushback truck available at that airport. Scenery designers can either place them, or if you have a ramp start type "gate", X-Plane will place them automatically.

Cheers, Jan

Yes Jan,

after my initial post I explored the default pushback facility in XP11, but it can't compare in functionality with this superb FREE "BetterPushback" plugin.

Together with the very basic but well designed and functional 124thATC robot plugin, and the FF A320, I am back in Airliner Pilot Wannabe mode :-)

Ah! I didn't forget about the iXeg 737, another must-have, but my budget succumbed with the acquisition of the FF A320 so, it'll have to wait for the next slot...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

16 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Yes Jan,

after my initial post I explored the default pushback facility in XP11, but it can't compare in functionality with this superb FREE "BetterPushback" plugin.

Together with the very basic but well designed and functional 124thATC robot plugin, and the FF A320, I am back in Airliner Pilot Wannabe mode :-)

Ah! I didn't forget about the iXeg 737, another must-have, but my budget succumbed with the acquisition of the FF A320 so, it'll have to wait for the next slot...

LOL

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus