Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Hickups (Stutters) when panning fast

Hi all,

Sadly it finally got me, I am now suffering from strange hickups (stutters) in Prepar3d v4.2 that I can not get rid of anymore. The issue "started" with my update to 4.2. Furthermore, I also changed my hardware in the same time, I went from a 3770K running at 4.5GHz to a 8700K running at 5.0GHz. GPU I did not change, still using the 1080Ti.

What I already tried:

- reverted to defaults, both NVidia Inspector settings, NVidia control panel settings and inside P3D, all default (deleted the .cfg).

- tried using VSYNC on with triple buffering both inside P3D only or via NVidia control panel and NVidia Inspector.

- tried both locked and unlocked FPS both inside P3D only or via NVidia Inspector.

- tried higher and lower settings, with or without PTA and with or without external addons running (such as Active Sky, SimpleCam).

- tried various addon planes and default planes.

- tried with or without various prepar3d.cfg tweaks, including AF, TBM, FFTF and TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP.

All of the above resulted more or less in the same problem: I can get an almost perfectly fluid and smooth P3D within the VC (including panning around), the aim of getting around 30FPS is not an issue. However, when panning around fast in circles, panning is suffering from huge hickups. If I move the camera around "my" plane or inside the VC, every 120° I get a massive stutter, then smooth again. If I constantly move the camera around, it remains like this 120° of fluent panning, stutter, 120° of fluent panning, stutter and so on. Don't ask me, if it is every 2-3 second or even every 1-2 second, this depends on the speed of the panning around. I know this is only a little issue, but it is annoying when looking around using the external view.

Further information: addons used are FSUIPC 5.124, SimpleCam, ActiveSky, REX 4 TD + SC, FTX Global, FTX Vector and many other addons that are not global.

Any ideas how to get rid of this? Or what could be the reason for those stutters? Thanks for any hint...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I also have annoying stuttering with v4.2.

It is not from ORBX (deactivated), not from AS16 (deactivated), not from PTA, not from Chaseplane, I am using the latest FSUIPC so it should also not be the problem.

Even with default plane or scenery I can see it...

I am using 2 monitors, the main monitor is 4K, at 60Hz (frames locked in Nvidia Inspector at 30fps), the second one is 1080p, at 59Hz set.

GPU is 1080TI. CPU is 7900x at 4.8Ghz (core 0), the rest at 4.5Ghz.

I deleted the prepar3d.cfg and the shaders, still the same.

Frames are constantly at 30 fps and still happens.

I think it is more related to the Nvdia driver (tried the latest 2) and settings...

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

The "mysterious" thing is: if I pan around slowly, the stutters are not there or hardly visible. If I fly, there are also almost no stutters (or hardly visible), even if I turn fast. If I pan fast, the stutters are initially not there (or visible), but after some seconds, they appear and then they are extremely regular (as described above). Might be the driver, yes...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I had the same problem. I finally gave up and reinstalled 4.0. Now it's smooth as silk again..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hmm, while this basically confirms my observation that this is a "new phenomenon" in v4.2, it does not really solve the issue. But, it makes the driver being the root cause rather unlikely, no?

Greetings, Chris

i too have the same problem tried everything that has been said here

unable to stop these stutters 4.2 also

Edited by jstorey20
left out p3d version

jeff storey

What motherboard and chipset did you go to?

I have the stutter in VC when i look up and down (sometimes) ,at the gate ,flying or taxing or sometimes just panning.

I recall having this as well in P3DV4.1 

First i thought it was related to "Chaseplane experiment" and still not sure if it is . Then i checked i removed the panning hat-switch within P3D control panel, as sometimes my configurationfile is reset  (could be USB related).

Maybe its SLI related here or driver issue as well - (still on 382.33)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Probably internal to the sim and thus LM will likely be the only ones to address it. Highly recommend the OP goes to the LM forum and post his original message there if he wants to see it get looked at.

Eric 

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Hmm, while this basically confirms my observation that this is a "new phenomenon" in v4.2, it does not really solve the issue. But, it makes the driver being the root cause rather unlikely, no?

I don't think it's the drivers either. I tried three different drivers and had the same problem with all of them..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, n99wb said:

What motherboard and chipset did you go to?

I use the ASUS Maximus Hero X (Z370 Chipset) with the most current BIOS and all current drivers. Any idea why it could be related to the chipset?

Greetings, Chris

Ok, I did some testing and tweaking over the weekend and got my stutters reduced greatly, but not eliminated (sadly). Currently, I use an AM=4092, this seems to have the best overall effect on the stuttering. AM=1365 (analogous to AM=85 for a quad core HT on CPU) did not do the trick for my novel hexa-core 8700K. For whatever reason...

Then, I now use unlimited FPS inside P3D with an external limiter of 36 and TP on (also externally). Using "1/4 refresh rate" (I have a 144Hz monitor) results in more stutters than leaving this on "let application decide", so I use the latter one. That's basically it, the best I get.

Somehow, I now think that the remaining stutters are due to something messed up within the scenery files and logic. As a matter of fact, when using the internal flightplanner, it takes ages to load the map correctly and even longer for only short flights to be calculated. Means: if I want to fly from LSZH to LEBL, it takes up to 60 seconds to find a plan when using "IFR" and "high altitude airways". And it takes up to 10 seconds to load the map correctly (in any case). So, something in the scenery loading is extremely delayed or hampered and this might also be the case when flying around resulting in those hickups when panning fast and the remaining stutters. Might have to also update the content and the scenery to 4.2 to resolve this...

Greetings, Chris

Hey guys,

i know this is bringing up an old topic . But has this been resolved?

lately I have been getting lag stutter/pauses while panning

outside spot view 

vc is fine most of time 

I have tried everything to no avail

except for reinstalling v4.3 

any help is appreciated 

thanks

mike

Yepp, it is almost 100% resolved by simply limiting the FPS to 30 inside P3D, not using nVIDIA Inspector anymore, deactivating G-Sync for windowed mode and limiting my monitor to 120Hz (instead of 144Hz). All together, it is almost smooth as silk now.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

I am running. 25hz on a 4K lg ips tv

same issue 

perhaps a windows update issue?

Edited by mikeymike