Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Recent Topics

Hi All

Recent Topics now reappeared on my Avsim front page-great -but rather sparse in form

More than one word headings required for proper info

Previous setup had it right

Sorry if just being impatient!-just trying to help

Really appreciate all your good work

xxd09

• Like 1

It is indeed a worse layout than before. On tablets and smartphones you can not even guess what the recent topics were. Please reverse to the previous layout which showed the complete title of the thread. 

Felix

On 3/13/2018 at 12:44 PM, Flyfox said:

On tablets and smartphones you can not even guess what the recent topics were.

It's the same on my desktop browsers - Safari, Chrome and Firefox. 1 to 3 words doesn't give any clue of what the topic is about. Hope this gets fixed.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

I informed the AVSIM Tech.  I have no idea...

It is happening with my 34" desktop too.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No fix forthcoming because the update now allows one to place their cursor over the topic and it will show more about what the topic is all about. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 18/03/2018 at 12:43 PM, Jim Young said:

No fix forthcoming because the update now allows one to place their cursor over the topic and it will show more about what the topic is all about. 

Thanks for your reply. I see now that we need to place the cursor over the topic. But if in my tablet, that doesn't help much. What's the advantage of this layout for the forum? On a user perspective the old layout is much better and quicker to see if something of interest has been posted.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Thanks for your reply. I see now that we need to place the cursor over the topic. But if in my tablet, that doesn't help much. What's the advantage of this layout for the forum? On a user perspective the old layout is much better and quicker to see if something of interest has been posted.

Thanks.

The recent topics as it stands right now are completely unusable on a tablet. Works fine on an iPhone because those topics are listed at the bottom of the page. 

NAX669.png

So, when you put your cursor over the topic title, it does not expand?

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim

Its a no go on an I-Pad 

Topic does not expand with cursor/ finger

Bit sad because it was a great source of current events-updates ,new planes and new problems

Appreciate all the good work

xxd09

Yes, sorry it does not work for you. 

Submit News to AVSIM

11 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Hi Jim

Its a no go on an I-Pad 

Topic does not expand with cursor/ finger

Bit sad because it was a great source of current events-updates ,new planes and new problems

Appreciate all the good work

xxd09

Yup, same problem for me on an Tablet. And on a desktop is not practical at all, instead of knowing what's new with just a glance now I need to place my cursor on each topic to know what "High Quality..." or "Low res VC..." or  "Samsung..." is related to. Just my opinion. Thanks.

How about presenting information in a manner which is most helpful to community members. This latest change goes against that goal. To the Administrators of AVSIM, not technical staff, what's it going to take to roll back this nonsensical change?

JJ

We would have to eliminate the Invision Community website.  None of the other websites (FSDT, Orbx, etc.) that use Invision have this topic feature and I'm ready to have it removed as a few members do not like the feature now that Invision has provided us with this update.  They are constantly updating the site though and this update was to v4.2 and they are now at v4.3. 

Submit News to AVSIM