Sign in to follow this  
leodirk

Flying on one engine

Hi,

When you turn one engine off during a flight the engine stops, but the prop keeps spinning. It should stop. The vertical torque tape does not go down to zero.May be Carenado can do something about this.

Best regards and happy flying the Fokker,
leodirk

I may be well wide of the mark here as I am not at all familiar with the F50, but in general terms I would disagree with your assertion the prop should necessarily stop.

This will only normally be the case if the propeller has been feathered by the pilot; a prop which has not been feathered will indeed windmill in the airflow, creating significant drag.

In another thread I mentioned that both vertical torque tapes respond to the left engine. So if you switch off the right engine, the right torque tape remains up, as long as the left engine is running. I did report this to Carenado a few days ago. They are looking into the issue.

Regards,

Henry

Thank you. It is not normal that if you switch of one engine the prop will rotste as vast as it does when the engine is running.

The prop of the shut off engine can rotate slowly, but it doesnot. I has the same speed as the running engine.

Regards and happy flying

On 3/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, skelsey said:

I may be well wide of the mark here as I am not at all familiar with the F50, but in general terms I would disagree with your assertion the prop should necessarily stop.

This will only normally be the case if the propeller has been feathered by the pilot; a prop which has not been feathered will indeed windmill in the airflow, creating significant drag.

If it has autofeather....it will feather once torque has been lost.

It all depends on what prop system the F50 has....

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

You can turn on the engine ON in this plane with the fuel pumps OFF in the overhead.

So it doesn't surprise me if the prop if the engine when cut does not auto feather and windmilling is a bug.

i love this plane and won't stop flying it but it feels like it was rush to release even after the 1.1 patch.

Squauwkmodecharlie,

I fully agressie with you. It is a bug and I also love this Fokker 50. It is the best one ever made. So I hope Carenado will come with an update and will solve all the bugs.

Best regards and happy flying,

Leo