Sign in to follow this  
Qazme

Need config: Carenado Phenom 100

There was a mod for this for the P3D version of the plane. Wondering if by any chance someone has already worked up a working version for the XP11 version of the plane? If not, does the render method work the same for the GTN as the render method for the GNS V2 does? I basically want to put this on top of the "factory" Carenado G1000 map on the center console. Here's a link showing off the P3D version but I'm not sure if that's the F1 version or the Reality XP one. (are they the same thing?)

Any help by any of you guy in the know to point me in the right direction would be terrific!

Edited by RXP

4 hours ago, Qazme said:

(are they the same thing?)

Hi, I can't tell much about the Phenom 100, but I can on the other things, more specifically:

The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a genuine Reality XP simulation product!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, I can't tell much about the Phenom 100, but I can on the other things, more specifically:

The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a genuine Reality XP simulation product!

I don't think you understood what I'm asking. I have the GTN750. I want to put it into the 3D cockpit to replace the Carenado G1000 like the pictures I linked to. Was wondering if someone had already figured out the config for the plane - or if not was just trying to confirm that it can be accomplished using the same method as the overlay render method used with the GNS v2 in the baron 58.

14 hours ago, Qazme said:

but I'm not sure if that's the F1 version or the Reality XP one. (are they the same thing?)

Hi,

I understand but can't specifically answer to your question for this aircraft (well I guess I understand?)

My answer is solely for the other question: they are not the same thing; The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a genuine Reality XP simulation product!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Jean-Luc I appreciate your help. I was just wanting to know if the GTN750 can be placed over existing gauges like the GNS v2 is capable of doing with the default 530 in the Baron in case nobody had already figured this out I would at least have a starting point to try and figure it out. I would like to overlay the Phenom's Carenado G1000 map screen with the Reality-XP GTN750's touch interface like someone has done, I think with the F1 GTN, in the P3D version of the plane.

Edited by RXP

Sure, you can do it the very same way you'd do with the GNS V2. The principles are the same and actually documented the same in the User's Manual (except there is no Baron 58 tutorial). I just can't specifically advise on this aircraft though.

Gotcha - I took a quick look into it and it doesn't seem like it's possible since that particular part of the screen is rendered in the carenado G1000 which is overlayed on the panel to begin with. Most of those files are .sec locked so won't be able to do much if anything with it I'm afraid. I'll be looking closer into it when I get more time but it doesn't look too promising.

I'm author of Phenom 100 integration for P3D and it is absolutely different task from integration into XPL version. For P3D you are enough with knowledge of editing text files, but for XPL, you need knowledge of 3D modeling and be familiar with Plane Maker... much more effort and especially knowledge. It works different way in XPL.

• Like 1