Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Navigraph

How can I be sure my navigraph is updating in my sim?  I show the most recent airac in the desktop app, and I get them into what I need via the updater (active sky, pmdg, fslabs, etc.). However, I keep finding stars and waypoints not in the sim. From what I can tell, I am pointing the updates to my P3d folder. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Do you mean the navdata that the core sim itself is using?  Navigraph will only update specific addons you install it into, you need something like fsAerodata to update the navdata in the core sim.  The default data in the core sim will be out of sync with any addons updated by navigraph.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ah ok.  Then I will look into fsaerodata. Thanks

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

So if I understand correctly, if I have a navigraph subscription that is well and good for charts, etc. But in order to get the current charts and procedures I need to get a subscription to FSaerodata as well  and that loads the navigraph updates into the sim?  So my question is, in the navigraph app, why does it have me update when a new release is out and have me point it to what aircraft I need or active sky?

Various a/c, ActiveSKy, GTN750 and several other addons use the Navdata airacs internally so they need to be updated to be accurate. However, as you've found out, the data may not match what is in the sim on occasion. FSAerodata will do the best it can to update the sim but it's still not a perfect solution.

Ultimately we can hope that LM will redesign the db to be updatable.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

48 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Various a/c, ActiveSKy, GTN750 and several other addons use the Navdata airacs internally so they need to be updated to be accurate. However, as you've found out, the data may not match what is in the sim on occasion. FSAerodata will do the best it can to update the sim but it's still not a perfect solution.

Ultimately we can hope that LM will redesign the db to be updatable.

Vic

Vic,

Could you clarify your comment about the GTN750? I noticed that Navigraph was not updating my GTN. I did some research and learned that the data is static and is determined by the version of data in the underlying Garmin training simulator. Is there a way to get Navigraph data into the GTN750?

Thanks!

Mike

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Sorry Mike - had a brain cramp - was working on something with the GTN and included it  Meant Little Nav Map - The GTN750 cannot be updated by Navigraph.

Sorry about that.....  :sad:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

46 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Sorry Mike - had a brain cramp - was working on something with the GTN and included it  Meant Little Nav Map - The GTN750 cannot be updated by Navigraph.

Sorry about that.....  :sad:

Vic

One way around this is to use fsaerodata to download the 1611 data file and install that into P3D because that’s what the default GTN 750 uses. Then you update Little Navmap with the new P3D file and now at least Little Navmap and the GTN 750 are comparable for flight plan files without locked up discrepancies.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

The fsaerodata AIRAC 1611 data is no longer available as providing it "posthumously" violated the agreement that Navigraph has with developers.

I use Navigraph because I didn't want to see the "Nav Data out of Date" in my FMS for my add-ons. Unfortunately updating AIRACS for my add-ons allows me to fly ILS approaches to runways that don't exist. FSAeroData I understand updates the internal sim NAV system, but again the scenery is still static. Until that changes somehow (I read a rumor about X-Plane having dynamic runways sometime in the future - again a rumor), you will still wind up flying into an airport on your assigned runway which possibly won't be there, although rare, but it can happen.

ProATC/X does 'align' the current AIRAC to the scenery, not sure what gets missed though when it does that.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

Sorry to jump on this thread - if I bought just a three month subscription to fsAerodata, could I just update the sim files once or if your subscription expires does the data in the sim revert back to 2005?

Thanks.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

2 hours ago, johnnycrockett said:

Sorry to jump on this thread - if I bought just a three month subscription to fsAerodata, could I just update the sim files once or if your subscription expires does the data in the sim revert back to 2005?

Thanks.

The data will be the latest update you put it in. It will not revert back. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thanks Bob. So really I could just get the 3 month pack. I've lived with data from 2005 for this long if it is a few months out of date I'd still be happy! Cheers

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

22 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

So I just bought fsaerodata and have the updated navigraph airac. I did the install and downloaded and enabled the airac. I am doing kmia-katl. However the JJEDI2 is not an option in my mcdu. Neither is the transition waypoint.  Did I do something wrong?  Do I need to manually direct things somewhere so fslabs or pmdg sees it? Thanks

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

So I just bought fsaerodata and have the updated navigraph airac. I did the install and downloaded and enabled the airac. I am doing kmia-katl. However the JJEDI2 is not an option in my mcdu. Neither is the transition waypoint.  Did I do something wrong?  Do I need to manually direct things somewhere so fslabs or pmdg sees it? Thanks

That is a  Star when it has 5 letters and a number, not a waypoint. Try putting in JJEDI without the 2.    

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310