rjfry

ORBX Photoreal UK/IRELAND This year.

John Venema has just announced photoreal scenery coming this year for UK/IRELAND regions.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow photo real Ireland...that will be beautiful.  Gonna need a bigger hard drive!

more excited about the Netherlands coming in a few weeks!

Germany as well. Great news!

8 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Germany as well. Great news!

Has this been really confirmed? 

Kind regards, Michael

So ORBX are now redoing areas they have done before?

Just now, Avidean said:

So ORBX are now redoing areas they have done before?

Yes.  But in photoreal instead of land class.  So it will be waaay better/real!!!

That's actually what I ever wanted, ORBX doing photoreal. Just too bad that they don't make France and Italy. And the rest of Polynesia. But I guess everyone has a wish region that doesn't materialize. 

I only fly photo real, find it works fine on 7200 rpm HDD, so SSD not really necessary (I have a 1TB sim SSD, but if you like orthoscenery, good to,have lots of space - I added an extra 18TB of HDD space last weekend!) 

4 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

That's actually what I ever wanted, ORBX doing photoreal. Just too bad that they don't make France and Italy. And the rest of Polynesia. But I guess everyone has a wish region that doesn't materialize. 

Lots of p3d simmers are used to landclass, but well-constructed orthoscenery is the future. Problem is ortho for p3d has been pretty amateurish (MegaSceneryEarth). Need to add well-placed objects and corrected airports to,make,takeoff and landing realistic.

Posted (edited)

As no one talking about it, I do. DONT GET FOOLED! Photoreal means = ONE SEASON. Means all year even in the worst winter conditions you have green trees and no white at all on the ground. No fall, no spring, summer all day even in December.

Therefore that photoreal stuff is completely useless for me.

Well, just read the original post in the ORBX forum. They offer 5 season support. Dont know how big that addon gonna be, 50 - 60 gig per region? WOW... Lets see what happens. :)

Edited by Nytro

3 minutes ago, Nytro said:

As no one talking about it, I do. DONT GET FOOLED! Photoreal means = ONE SEASON. Means all year even in the worst winter conditions you have green trees and no white at all on the ground. No fall, no spring, summer all day even in December.

Therefore that photoreal stuff is completely useless for me.

RTFA:

"there is a lot of work to produce 5 seasonal variations of each regions therefore extra development time will be required."

3 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

RTFA:

"there is a lot of work to produce 5 seasonal variations of each regions therefore extra development time will be required."

Thank you, just read the OP in their forum. Corrected my post ;)

I don't care about seasonal variation. Summer textures are good enough for me.

• Like 2

For years I am flying photoscenery + custom AG.  

I am really happy that it finally has been done by a leading developer like Orbx.

It will come first for XP11. The world turns...

11 hours ago, kaosfere said:

RTFA:

What is the fifth season?? Summer, autumn, winter, spring,...?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

What is the fifth season?? Summer, autumn, winter, spring,...?

Hard winter: January (February?)

Edited by Nemo

Aw man. I have recently just bought all the UK and Ireland regions. What a waste of money :angry:

I assume this means they’ll let you install it wherever you want instead of to your root sim folder (which many of us have on necessarily smaller SSDs), right?

James

8 hours ago, nealmac said:

Aw man. I have recently just bought all the UK and Ireland regions. What a waste of money :angry:

It will be interesting to see if there is a discount for owner of the land class region because presumably the the photoreal version will replace it. You never know. ORBX have been very customer friendly in the past.

Posted (edited)

I think there will be if you own the regions EG, UK ,WALES ,SCOTLAND , IRELAND, as they will be like an upgrade.

I also think it may mean adding more HD space it`s likely to need a lot.

Some XP11 user`s have 4tb of scenery.

Edited by rjfry