Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

Reverser retracted at Parking Position

Everytime when I switch off the hydraulic pumps, the engine reversers are retracting. I see it physically in the aircraft model and the control lamps lights up. Is this normal?

Edited by airlinetycoon

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Hello, I've also noticed this but it's probably due to accidental deployment. Even though the hydraulic pumps are off, the residual pressure in the system is enough to deploy them if they get activated. This is just an idea, I'm no expert. 

strange,

I kill the pumps and mine stay stowed. Maybe it's something you have set up. When you say retracted, I assume you mean deployed.

Edited by G550flyer
t

Yes, I mean deployed. The engines are off. If the hydraulic Sytem is under pressure, everything is ok. I switch the hyd pumps to off and both reverser are extended. 

Greetings Andrew Bowler

There are hydraulic accumlators that are capable for deploying the buckets with no hydraulic pressure on the aircraft.  This is completely normal if commanded and useful if the engine is windmilling undesirably.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

9 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

There are hydraulic accumlators that are capable for deploying the buckets with no hydraulic pressure on the aircraft.  This is completely normal if commanded and useful if the engine is windmilling undesirably.

Thank you Brian. Do you have an idea where I can find a documentation about it?

I´m wondering, because the Reverser doors open in the Moment, when I switch the hydraulics to "off" (throttle in idle, reverser in off Position). I park the aircarft (both reverser doors  are closed), do the parking flow and the doors extends.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

You don't have any reverser axises programmed in FSUIPC? A noisy controller could cause this. There is no half measure when it comes to the clam shells. They are either open or closed.  Some add-ons haven't gotten reverser animation correctly.  Anyways I'm not near my computer with the appropriate documents.  Maybe I should start traveling with them.  But try in the provided documentation, in power plants and just word search thrust reverser or accumulator (there is more than one on the plan so go thru them all).

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Yes have axis programmed via FSUIPC, since a Long time. It works very well. I programmed the two throttle axis and one axis as reverser, no Switch is assigned to the axis. I have this issue since update to version 1.0.4.

But are you sure, that the Reverser doors are closed with hydraulic pressure and they open without (after switching the AUX hyd pump to off, no other action taken)? I was searching in the Delta FCOMs and in the CO FCOM, but I can not find an Explanation for that.

May I will record a short Clip in the next days.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

9 hours ago, airlinetycoon said:

Yes have axis programmed via FSUIPC, since a Long time. It works very well. I programmed the two throttle axis and one axis as reverser, no Switch is assigned to the axis. I have this issue since update to version 1.0.4.

But are you sure, that the Reverser doors are closed with hydraulic pressure and they open without (after switching the AUX hyd pump to off, no other action taken)? I was searching in the Delta FCOMs and in the CO FCOM, but I can not find an Explanation for that.

May I will record a short Clip in the next days.

The reverse will only deploy/retract if there is sufficient hydraulic pressure.  The Hydraulic Accumulator (per engine) will allow you to deploy those reversers even without the pumps on. But that is the extent of what they will do. At that point the pressure is gone and you'll have to turn the pumps back on to retract the buckets.

As to your separate axis for reverse.   First unassign that axis and see if that's the problem. If it is maybe increase the nullzone.  But what I would suggest is looking at the FSUIPC LUA Thrust reverse Toggle.  You can leave the throttle axis set as your normal throttle AND your reverse.  It's actually slightly more realistic as reverse needs to be selected such as the real aircraft IMHO.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I tested it again, the issue is gone :D.
When I switch off the hyd pumps, it seems there is enough pressure to release the reverser.

Greetings Andrew Bowler