Sign in to follow this  
byork

New Release! Pilot Assist Pro for your iPhone/iPad!

[March 14] 

Captains, we're happy to announce that our new iPhone/iPad app, PILOT ASSIST PRO, is now ready for download at iTunes.

Please taxi to www.pilotassistpro.com for detailed information about this app.

This app already has checklists available, via on-line sharing, that work with the:

• PMDG 737
  • PMDG 777
  • PMDG 747
  • FS LABS AIRBUS /  AEROSOFT AIRBUS
  • MAJESTIC DASH 8
  • LEONARDO MADDOG
  • QUALITY WINGS 787
  • CAPTAIN SIM 757
  • FLIGHT1 767
  • A LARGE RANGE OF GENERAL AVIATION AIRCRAFT FROM CESSNA'S TO TWIN OTTERS TO LEAR JETS

This is a powerful app that allows you, among other things, to build and share (publicly or privately) checklists for any aircraft.

If your desired aircraft isn't on the list, you can build your own checklist.

You can even insert images and personal notes directly into your checklists, which can transform your checklist into a training aid.

pap.JPG

• Like 1

No release for the largest mobile operating system, Android? Mistake on your part. Many lost sales I'm sure including mine.

• Like 1

Eric 

29 minutes ago, B777ER said:

No release for the largest mobile operating system, Android? Mistake on your part. Many lost sales I'm sure including mine.

Was a little mystified about this as well.

But on the other hand, the majority of users will use this on a tablet. And I'm fairly certain, that iOS is more populare than Android, when it comes to the tablet market...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Was a little mystified about this as well.

But on the other hand, the majority of users will use this on a tablet. And I'm fairly certain, that iOS is more populare than Android, when it comes to the tablet market...

I am typing this from an Android tablet. I use Navigraph Charts Cloud app on it. Ah well, his loss as he is missing out on a revenue stream. 

Eric 

7 hours ago, B777ER said:

I have a Galaxy S9, so I'm actually pro Android.  However, the Apple market is bigger.

It took us well over a year to build Pilot Assist Pro; it's very complex internally, especially with its on-line database.

It would be nice to release an Android version concurrently -my Galaxy S9 would love it- but you can't just whip this stuff out with the press of a button.

• Upvote 1

So far I am enjoying the new app, thanks for your work on this.  I do have a few suggestions from my short time using it already that would really improve the experience:

• It would be nice if you could delete any items in the documents folder without having to actually switch over to Dropbox to do that
  • The show weather selections for Metar / Taf reset back to both when you leave the weather tab
  • It would be awesome if the Frequencies slide over was setup similar to the References one that way you could enter an airport and its freq and have it remembered for future use
  • Due to the amount of time it takes to really personalize your setup, there should be a way to sync between the iphone and the ipad
  • Can there be an option for the Non Normal Checklists section to have the normal background with a red symbol vs the red background - it seems to distract from the other areas visually
  • A way to rotate a PDF for a sideways chart

Anyways I am hoping you have plans to continually improve the app, I know I've bought many EFBs in the past to never have any improvements to them; all off which no longer work anymore.  I like what you have done and would like to see this one be around for a long time.  Thanks for listening.

Jeff

Edited by twincityjeff
Added another suggestion

4 hours ago, twincityjeff said:

So far I am enjoying the new app, thanks for your work on this.  I do have a few suggestions from my short time using it already that would really improve the experience:

• It would be nice if you could delete any items in the documents folder without having to actually switch over to Dropbox to do that
  • The show weather selections for Metar / Taf reset back to both when you leave the weather tab
  • It would be awesome if the Frequencies slide over was setup similar to the References one that way you could enter an airport and its freq and have it remembered for future use
  • Due to the amount of time it takes to really personalize your setup, there should be a way to sync between the iphone and the ipad
  • Can there be an option for the Non Normal Checklists section to have the normal background with a red symbol vs the red background - it seems to distract from the other areas visually
  • A way to rotate a PDF for a sideways chart

Anyways I am hoping you have plans to continually improve the app, I know I've bought many EFBs in the past to never have any improvements to them; all off which no longer work anymore.  I like what you have done and would like to see this one be around for a long time.  Thanks for listening.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Glad you like it! :gaul:

And thanks for the feedback.

We have lots of ideas planned for V1.1, and we'll add your ideas to the list.

I don't get this one though:

It would be awesome if the Frequencies slide over was setup similar to the References one that way you could enter an airport and its freq and have it remembered for future use

Frequencies are already remembered.

When you "swipe" from the left side, and the Frequencies section opens up, you can enter your station and its frequency, and it'll always be available.

Please help spread the word about this app.  It's ultra niche market, and the stronger the user base it has the more features we can add in the future.

Cheers,

I am definitely letting people know about this app ;)  What I meant about the Freq was being able to create a new section like you can in References that way for example I can name the section KMSP and then see my freqs for that airport.  Instead of a very long list of freqs it would be a long list of airports of which i can click and see the freqs.  Hope that makes better sense.

Android here so... yeah lol.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thing is, i'm not even remotely interested in that locked-out system.

Maybe someday it'll be available ;)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I purchased this yesterday and so far I am loving it.  I have a question about the logbook.  When I complete an entry and upload it to dropbox it creates a separate entry.  Is there a way to have a single excel file file with all of my flights instead of separate folders for each logbook entry.  Sorry if I am doing this wrong.  Also is there a manual somewhere that I could print out for reference, most functions are self explanatory but it would be nice to have a document to look at to get the most out of the app.  I especially like the checklist feature and how easy it is to create a custom one.

Mike

10 hours ago, Mike62 said:

I purchased this yesterday and so far I am loving it.  I have a question about the logbook.  When I complete an entry and upload it to dropbox it creates a separate entry.  Is there a way to have a single excel file file with all of my flights instead of separate folders for each logbook entry.  Sorry if I am doing this wrong.  Also is there a manual somewhere that I could print out for reference, most functions are self explanatory but it would be nice to have a document to look at to get the most out of the app.  I especially like the checklist feature and how easy it is to create a custom one.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Glad you like it.

There's no manual per se.  An Apple app done properly should not require a manual.  They're supposed to be intuitive.

On our support page, however, we do have lots of FAQs which answers a lot of questions:

https://pilotassistpro.com/support/

The app currently does not support your idea of a single excel file for the log.  It's a good idea though.  We'll add it to the list of things we can add in future versions.

Cheers,

On 3/15/2018 at 10:59 AM, B777ER said:

Agreed. No Android no purchase for me. I use my Android tablet for everything. My iPad is a glorified alarm clock.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb