Sign in to follow this  
shant592

The worst experience with a 4K display

Before I go messing around with Nvidia Inspector again (reminds me of the FSX days) can someone who's doing 60hz with the external FPS limiter tell me if it's as smooth as 30hz/Vsync/triple buffering? I thought the whole point of 30hz was that the display synced up perfectly to your sim refresh rate and that that could not be done with an external FPS limiter. I'm getting really good results with that using TrackIr but the mouse lag is a bit annoying.

Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

4 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

Before I go messing around with Nvidia Inspector again (reminds me of the FSX days) can someone who's doing 60hz with the external FPS limiter tell me if it's as smooth as 30hz/Vsync/triple buffering? I thought the whole point of 30hz was that the display synced up perfectly to your sim refresh rate and that that could not be done with an external FPS limiter. I'm getting really good results with that using TrackIr but the mouse lag is a bit annoying.

Ben

I use that but I use asus GPU tweak 2 to limit to 30fps.

Works OK for me, but you try putting the fsl into a big frame hitting airport like sfo, lax, etc etc you'll probably get stutters 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 3/20/2018 at 1:55 AM, FunknNasty said:

I use NV Profile Inspector (I don't leave home without it) for one very specific reason -shimmering.  I engage only one setting: SuperSample Transparency -4xsgaa-.

A word of caution: Inspector can leave you with undesired results if used carelessly. 

My basics: Make sure Nvidia CP and Inspector _GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile) are at default. My Inspector "" Prepared """ profile has just the above mentioned setting engaged.

Reseting all to default (NV CP and NI) and modifying only the profile for P3D helped a little, I have less stuttering, it still happens from  time to time but seems to be less. Need to fly/test some more.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

7 hours ago, Vali said:

Reseting all to default (NV CP and NI) and modifying only the profile for P3D helped a little, I have less stuttering, it still happens from  time to time but seems to be less. Need to fly/test some more.

a rule of thumb: a) always delete your shader cache file after changing a video settings b) fly around for awhile to allow the new cache to populate

While you're at it, might as well delete you Prepared config file ....if its at default. see the Prepared Tips and Tricks forum for help on that

Keep plugging away, you'll find the sweet spot.

Edited by FunknNasty

On 21/03/2018 at 11:52 PM, bbain1187 said:

Ben

I am doing, with great success. Pretty smooth and no mouse sluggishness, and I adjusted the FFTF as well. One other advantage I noticed is that when the frame rate falls below 30 it's not as stuttery as it used to be before.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

the above video is from a single 8 minute 22GB Fraps capture at 30fps. Prepared was set at unlimited FPS 1920x1200, video compressed 1920x1080 -the bottom 180 lines of resolution were cropped due aspect ration difference. No editing, including frameblend were used.