Sign in to follow this  
Tom007

Issues having installed the PMDG 737 800 NG in P3d V4

Hi All

Hoping someone can help me out. I have just purchased and installed the PMDG 737 800 NGX Base Package.

The Sim is P3D V4

1. After installation I checked the start menu for the Operations Centre and it doesn't exist?

2. When I start the sim with the 737 sat at a gate, after about a minute. it looks like the aircraft

has suddenly sank into the floor, and from an out side view, an illustration of sparks are emerging from the engines

the sim then resets it;s self back to the saved scenario.

I have re downloaded the program, and re installed, but hasn't made any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards Tom

Tom Wildbore

Start > PMDG > Operations Center

Do not assign the PMDG aircraft as your default aircraft in P3D.  What you should see when you start P3D is the Select Scenario screen (check the box to always show this) and the F22 spinning in the small window. From this you can then select the NGX.  This is explained in the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Start > PMDG > Operations Center

Do not assign the PMDG aircraft as your default aircraft in P3D.  What you should see when you start P3D is the Select Scenario screen (check the box to always show this) and the F22 spinning in the small window. From this you can then select the NGX.  This is explained in the Introduction document.

That is the way I have started P3D for years. never ever had a problem doing that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is the way I have started P3D for years. never ever had a problem doing that. 

Then you're getting lucky. Please ensure that you have a run through the Intro Manual. We specifically mention avoiding this due to the issues that it can cause. This issue goes as far back as the beginnings of FSX, at the very least.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi

Thanks very much for your replies :-) I'll try the default start up and see what happens.

In the mean time any ideas why the operations Centre has not appeared in the start menu ???

Many Thanks  Tom

Tom Wildbore

46 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Then you're getting lucky. Please ensure that you have a run through the Intro Manual. We specifically mention avoiding this due to the issues that it can cause. This issue goes as far back as the beginnings of FSX, at the very least.

Apparently you didn't understand my comment on this thread... 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

44 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Apparently you didn't understand my comment on this thread... 

Apparently. Got it now. In the context of the thread, though, it's not quite clear.

Kyle Rodgers

I tried to install PMDG into PD3D V4 and the installer states cannot find FSX and will not install full stop  help anyone 

59 minutes ago, flyer58 said:

I tried to install PMDG into PD3D V4 and the installer states cannot find FSX and will not install full stop  help anyone 

That means you're trying to install the FSX version into P3D. That won't work.

Kyle Rodgers

In general yes.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png