Sign in to follow this  
SoloPilot

Daylight Savings Time Not Updated

As those of us who live in the United States know, Daylight Savings Time just started up again this past weekend. Usually, I would notice this update take place in my flight simulator. However, that is no longer the fact, and now I have to base my flights off of GMT rather than local time. I know it's not a *huge* issue, but it's just one of those things that I'd like to fix because it's rather annoying.

I think in the first page of settings (General) there is a box to check about FSX time is system time.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I believe both FS2004 and FSX "update" to DST based on the old standard of last Sunday in October and first Sunday in April.  The new dates leave a "gap" so for a few weeks the sim update is "off".

I do as Charlie suggests...turn off the DST update and go off my system time.

Randy

41 minutes ago, SoloPilot said:

I have it set to system time but it still won’t change. 

Have you tried rebooting FSX after making the change?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

18 hours ago, soerennielsen said:

+1

The time zone fixer utility is a very inexpensive way to fix all time zone and DST issues worldwide for FSX and P3D. Worth a look. 

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

Have you tried rebooting FSX after making the change?

It’s been set that way since I got FSX 3 years ago. So yes it’s been rebooted

OK, sorry I may have misunderstood your post about having it set.  One last thing I can think of is your default flight.  Are you using the ultralight over Friday Harbor or have you set up your own default flight in your time zone?

Charlie Aron

22 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, sorry I may have misunderstood your post about having it set.  One last thing I can think of is your default flight.  Are you using the ultralight over Friday Harbor or have you set up your own default flight in your time zone?

I have it set up in Friday harbor. 

18 minutes ago, SoloPilot said:

I have it set up in Friday harbor. 

OK, Are you and your computer on the west coast of the U.S.?  I'm just asking because I think I saw a post about this several  years ago on one of the flightsim sites.

Charlie Aron

4 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, Are you and your computer on the west coast of the U.S.?  I'm just asking because I think I saw a post about this several  years ago on one of the flightsim sites.

No, I live in Tampa, FL. 

21 minutes ago, SoloPilot said:

No, I live in Tampa, FL. 

OK, this is only a suggestion.  You may want to redo your default flight to a Tampa area airport.  Maybe just have the ultralight trike sitting on the airport parking spot with the engines running (if that's what you want) hit the ; key and name the flight as "New default flight" or something similar  Then check the box that says "Save Flight as Default".  This MAY have the effect of syncing your clock and flightsim.

Remember, this is only a suggestion.  Use your Sim as you see fit.

Charlie Aron