Sign in to follow this  
somiller

ParkPosGenerator deselect option

Nico,

This evening I added a few airports to P3D, and wanted to get them into my parked directory, but I really didn't want to deal with running ParkPosGenerator on all the locations where I have airport files. It would be convenient to add the ability to individually enable/disable each directory path so one is able to run ParkPosGenerator on only one, or more location/s. It would make for a really quick solution for getting a new airport into the list.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hi,

That is already possible:

1.Clean the parked folder of ParkPosGenerator.

2. Clean all paths to folders in ParkPosGenerator.

3. Add a path to a newly installed add on airport.

4. Run ParkPosGenerator

5. Copy the airport.txt file for your add on to the parked folder of PSXseeconTraffic.

Nico

Nico,

I understand that, however, then one has to go back and add all the paths again, if one wants to do a global search for all airports.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

5 hours ago, somiller said:

I understand that, however, then one has to go back and add all the paths again, if one wants to do a global search for all airports.

No, that is not necessary, use the save button to save your path(-s), and push  restore to get them back. 

rgrds,

Nico

BTW: how often do you do a global search? Once for the default airports will do. And then you focus on your add-ons.

Edited by kiek

Nico,

I should've expected you already had this covered.

Yes, I would normally only do a global search when I install a new version of ParkPosGenerator...if there are changes that will affect me. I was afraid to try changing paths, and then using a restore, because I didn't want to go through the pain of having to add them all back if it didn't work as I'd hoped.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Nico,

Another question for you:

I understand that ParkPosGenerator searches sub-directories within a path, and I also understand it is hierarchy based, in that anything found in proceeding paths will overwrite. In the case of searching P3D main directory, mine contains several addon sub-directories for Orbx, FlyTampa, FlightBeam, etc. Do those addon paths need to be separately listed after the main P3D path to ensure they overwrite default airports?

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

14 hours ago, somiller said:

Do those addon paths need to be separately listed after the main P3D path to ensure they overwrite default airports?

Hi Steven,

In 4.3 yes, but this morning (night for you I guess ) I have developed version 5.0:

A stock (or default) airport, in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery (or in FSX equivalent …), will not overwrite an add-on airport. An add-on airport will overwrite a stock airport. This holds as well within a folder search as during a complete run.

In your case, an add_on airports within ...\Prepar3D v4, such as ...\Prepar3D v4\Fly Tampa will be save, and need no extra listing.

The order of folders is also irrelevant, you may as well specify:

• C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • D:\AddOns

as

• D:\AddOns
  • C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

You no longer have to worry about all that, quite easy

Nico

Edited by kiek

Nico,

That is brilliant...I was getting to the point I needed more path entries than were available in the program! All good changes, thank you for all your effort.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1