Sign in to follow this  
SirTommy

Dave Maltby BAC-1-11; flaps, gear, trim inop.

I had to re-install this plane after doing a clean install of my OS and FSX. It used to work fine last time I installed it. This time the flaps, gear and trim won't work. I get a little "bounce" out of the levers and wheels, but they remain stuck. I've tried using FSUIPC, Spad.Next (for the flaps) and the FSX control assignments but nothing works (not even the mouse). I can't figure out what I did wrong this time, so I'm wondering if anyone has a tip for me.

Thanks.

Does this include using keyboard commands instead of clicking on the levers?  All other aircraft function normally?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Not using keyboard commands for those functions. Clicking the levers does not work either. I'm using FSUIPC button assignments on a CH yoke and throttle quadrant for gear and trim. Flaps are on the Saitek multipanel. The aircraft flies fine and otherwise seems to work. All my other aircraft work fine as well. Seems to be something I did wrong on the install for this particular plane. Maybe put a file or folder in the wrong place or something(?)

These controls are hydraulically powered.

That should be enough of a hint.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Guess what, Bjoern? I figured it out about 3 min ago and logged on here to tell the world :biggrin:. And there was your hint which, of course, was right on the money. I was seeing the the hydraulics quantity gauge in the green and thinking it meant I already had pressure. Wrong gauge. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for your time and your tip.

• Upvote 1

...and that's why there are check rides and recurrent training for real pilots.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days