Sign in to follow this  
imemyself

Remove fixes from nav display?

Since I haven't seen anyone else ask about this, I'm probably missing something obvious...but is there a way to remove the fixes and such from the nav display?  It's feels rather cluttered sometimes, and makes it harder to see what I'm wanting to.  I'm not at my gaming computer but I can post a screenshot later if it's not clear what I'm talking about.

On an unrelated note, is there any hope that Carenado will make the FMS less uh 'quirky'?  I'm perfectly accepting of a simple LNAV only FMS, but basic stuff like direct-to not working are kind of a bummer.  And buying the GTN (that costs more than this aircraft does), just for this one aircraft, seems a bit much.

You should be able to choose an HSI mode that does not include the map..

(I have disabled map mode on mine altogether..)

As for the FMS... Carenado is not known for their avionics.. which had led some to prefer the GTN750.  I would not suggest purchasing the GTN just for this aircraft, however.. it is more at home in GA / business aircraft.. like:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/f1-g600-in-seminole_topic59493.html

Bert

Yeah...I was able to do that, I was hoping there was a way to disable the fix's that aren't part of my flight on the map display though.

FMC wise...for now, I'm at least enjoying flying VOR to VOR.  :)