Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

C310 Redux engines run with fuel selector set to OFF

Just downloaded and installed the new Milviz C310 Redux  and notice that with the fuel selectors set to "Off" both engines keep running, any body else have this issue?

Also the floor fuel gauge only has one knob to make a tank selections, whereas the 2-D popup has a selection knob for both the right and left engine? Shouldn't both fuel selectors be the same?

Thanks - Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

45 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Just downloaded and installed the new Milviz C310 Redux  and notice that with the fuel selectors set to "Off" both engines keep running, any body else have this issue?

Also the floor fuel gauge only has one knob to make a tank selections, whereas the 2-D popup has a selection knob for both the right and left engine? Shouldn't both fuel selectors be the same?

Thanks - Martin

The first issue of both engines running with the fuel selectors both "off" is a fault of the sim and is evidently what we are stuck with.

The second issue is not correct--I have two knobs on the floor fuel selector.  Something is not right there.

• Upvote 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frank, Stew -

Thanks so much for the info, didn't know that about the 310. I must have the wrong file for the gauge on the floor because it doesn't look like these that you posted. I had to install this aircraft manually into P3D 2.4 so I'll look and see if I have another fuel selector imagine that matches the correct one on the floor.

Thanks again guys!

9 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Frank, Stew -

Thanks so much for the info, didn't know that about the 310. I must have the wrong file for the gauge on the floor because it doesn't look like these that you posted. I had to install this aircraft manually into P3D 2.4 so I'll look and see if I have another fuel selector imagine that matches the correct one on the floor.

Thanks again guys!

There were a number of iterations of this aircraft model over the years. Many changes along the way.  My understanding is that this Milviz offering is specifically based on one 310 whose owner greatly cooperated in the development.  So what is presented is a virtual copy of his 310 as it was, and perhaps as it currently is.  If I am not correct then please Colin or Bill please step on me here!

I spent quite a number of hours riding in a military version of the 310 in the early 1970s and admit I cannot recall any details about the fuel selectors.  I flew a T42 version of the Beech Baron, but never flew the military U-3A. Only rode in the U-3A and only back seat.  .

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frank is correct.  The 310 we based ours on was a specific one with some mods in.  The model and the paint and the gauges therein as well as the operation thereof is as correct as we could make it.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Guys,

Please disregard my mention of only having one knob on the floor fuel selector, pilot error, there are two as there should be, the left was hidden from my view...duh!

Yes, I think your right Frank, a gentleman by the name of Ken I believe was the owner of this C310 and helped out a lot in its development.

Milviz did a really nice job on recreating this aircraft and kudo's goes to the Milviz team!

Thanks - again

Edited by MartinRex007

23 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Yes, I think your right Frank, a gentleman by the name of Ken I believe was the owner of this C310 and helped out a lot in its development.

Sadly I have only logged a bit over 60 hours in the Milviz original version of the 310.  Their Baron B55 won the day as it closely matches the aircraft in which I earned my multi and IFR ratings.  That too many years ago to divulge.

The B55 and the 310 feel so familiar in FSX....  Milviz has done a great service to the flight sim GA community with these two offerings!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Thank you for these links, Frank.  The first link, however, is woefully out of date, imo.  If the fuel selectors are set on the two mains, the fuel is (correctly) drained from the mains (the tip tanks).  If the selectors are set on the two Aux tanks (in the wings), fuel is drained from them.  In both cases, the fuel levels are accurately reflected by the fuel gauges on the co-pilot's side.  I admit that this is probably not quite how the real fuel system works, but the fuel usage in the sim is accurately reflected by the fuel gauges.  I have spent the last two days and several hours flying this bird, and these are my observations of how the fuel system works.

Stew

The B55 for P3Dv4 was posted at the MV forum yesterday to have its shakedown cruise prior to general release, registered owners should be able to get a copy  .

Best CJ  

7 hours ago, StewartH said:

Thank you for these links, Frank.  The first link, however, is woefully out of date, imo.

The first link was about the limitations of the simulator..........

And the fact that another model developer, Dreamfleet,  had issues accurately modeling the fuel system on the 310..............

May have been for a previous FS version, but still today those two issues are not out of date.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Dreamfleet !,  The first of my payware productions were with them, its also when Colin, Jean Luc from RXP and myself met at my place for bratwurst and brewskies ,  All the Dreamfleet planes used Jean Luc's gauge systems at that time.

Milviz was " Providing " models and production services to a number of developers back then ,  the C310  was among the first of our "In House" productions and the first FS addon to provide integration of Addon Navigational units , not surprisingly from RXP, all a result of me working with Dreamfleet , good times, almost an age of innocence, when FSX first came out and simconnect permitted complete dll control over everything .

Best CJ

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

The first link was about the limitations of the simulator..........

And the fact that another model developer, Dreamfleet,  had issues accurately modeling the fuel system on the 310..............

May have been for a previous FS version, but still today those two issues are not out of date.

Agreed--the simulator has its limitations.  But his advice to leave the fuel selectors on "main" and allow the fuel system to drain the aux tanks first and then the mains is incorrect in my experience.  Maybe that's the way it worked 15 years ago, but that's not how it works today.

Stew

2 hours ago, StewartH said:

But his advice to leave the fuel selectors on "main" and allow the fuel system to drain the aux tanks first and then the mains is incorrect in my experience.  Maybe that's the way it worked 15 years ago, but that's not how it works today.

Didn't look at it with that much of an eye for that kind of detail. Just to point out that another developer had issues with how to manage fuel with a 310 in FS.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Gentlemen (and ladies if any are reading this), I am working on sorting out some issues with the fuel selectors. I believe I have a solution that will work. If it does then it will be rolled into a new installer along with some other minor 'fixes.' In any case. the two fuel labels have been swapped around so they will match reality.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator