Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

C310 Redux engines run with fuel selector set to OFF

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

I believe I have a solution that will work. If it does then it will be rolled into a new installer along with some other minor 'fixes.

Hi Bill.  Will we be notified by email when this occurs?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Hi Bill.  Will we be notified by email when this occurs?

Probably. I'm happy to report that I've solved the Cold and Dark versus Ready to Fly issue as well.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've been baffled all day over fuel burn.  I ALWAYS have the fuel selectors on left main and right main.  Every test flight brings a different result from where fuel is drawn.  On one flight it's drawn entirely from the right main, another flight the left main, and yet another from the aux tanks.  All these variances were with the selectors on their respective MAIN tanks.  The only way I could get a predictable fuel burn was to have no fuel in the aux tanks at all.  Then and only then would fuel draw evenly from the main tanks.  Since no one else is discussing this scenario, I must be dumb as a doorknob, but this is a mystery I can't solve.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:35 PM, n4gix said:

Probably. I'm happy to report that I've solved the Cold and Dark versus Ready to Fly issue as well.

Glad to hear that you continue to smash some of the little bugs on the 310. This aircraft is very special and deserves a bit of extra attention. My flight sim rig now has only one payware add on and it is the C310 Redux. I like it that much!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It's a quirk of the sim that fuel is always drawn first from aux tanks, then main no matter what tanks are visually selected... :huh:

Fr. Bill    

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

It's a quirk of the sim that fuel is always drawn first from aux tanks, then main no matter what tanks are visually selected... :huh:

Okay, thanks for your reply.  I think I'm getting my head around it now.

I have learned since my earlier reply that you can 'solve' this by manually cycling the knobs to any other tank and back again to the mains and it will thenceforth work as designed. We will be looking to see if we can 'automate' this somehow.

Fr. Bill    

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

I have learned since my earlier reply that you can 'solve' this by manually cycling the knobs to any other tank and back again to the mains and it will thenceforth work as designed. We will be looking to see if we can 'automate' this somehow.

I have found this "solution" to be unnecessary.  A flight I made this evening is typical of my experience.  With fuel selectors set to LMain and RMain respectively, and after taxiing to take off position, from the drop down menu at Vehicle>Fuel and Payload:  L Main--50.82 gal., R Main--50.84 gal., L Aux--31.97 gal., R Aux--31.97 gal.  With selectors still set to Mains, after climb out to 13,000ft., L Main--47.63 gal., R Main--47.77 gal., Aux tanks no change.  Switching to L Aux and R Aux, after 1/2 hr at cruise, L and R Mains no change, L Aux--24.2 gal., R Aux--24.58 gal.  After 1 hr at cruise, L Aux--17.36 gal., R Aux--18.08 gal.  The behavior of the fuel system on this flight and, to the best of my knowledge all flights I've experienced, is as you would expect:  fuel selectors on Mains uses fuel from the Main tanks, fuel selectors on Aux uses fuel from the Aux tanks.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I have had the same experience as Stew! I cannot explain it any better than he did. Thanks Stew. 

In any event, I did find out that MS/ACES weren't entirely correct in the SDK. The EventID listing of the fuel select tokens is incomplete, listing only 2 for Left Main and 3 for Right Main, those are the auto-select tokens (unmentioned in the SDK).

The Sim Variables table however lists two additional fuel select tokens, namely 19 and 20 which are likewise Left Main and Right Main respectively, but...

...divorced from the auto-select "feature!"

A new installer with this SDK oversight corrected is now posted in the official support forum for those who're interested.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

Thank you for the update.  I too had discovered the cycling needed for proper tank burn, but the latest release solves that.