Sign in to follow this  
baxterbj

REX/Milviz WX Advantage Weather Radar not working Cessna 310R

Hi Folks,

I'm currently waiting for Registration to the Milviz Forums, but they appear very busy with the C310R release and I don't have a reply as yet.

My problem is the Weather Radar does not work in the 310R, I have installed the 310R, three times, exactly per instructions.

On the support page after working through, it tells me the radar requires, Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64).

I downloaded such and tried to install same,  but because I already have, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2017 versions installed, it tells me I already have the program installed and I must uninstall, to install 2015.

Can anyone offer some advice please as I don't want uninstall a version and find something else in P3dv4.2, Windows 10, wont work?

Its a fantastic aircraft, now I just want the weather radar and I'm all set.

Kind regards

Brian

BJ from OZ

I don't believe the Milviz/REX WX Radar has been updated for P3D V4.2 yet, they're still testing it and found some issues.  Hopefully soon.

Yes the 310R Redux is very nice aircraft and the usage of TrueGlass really adds that extra touch.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob, 

Appreciated, have installed the 310R several times, thought the problem was my end.

Regards

Brian

Sounds like it might be a compatibility issue with 4.2.  I'm still in 4.1 and the radar is working perfectly. What I like about this redux 310 is that I'm using RXP 530/430, and the radar, and the panel setup installs them with matching bezels, so they are all the same color and texture. I kinda hated when I'd install the radar in earlier versions and it would stand out because it was a different color. Now they all look the same.  It is a very nice touch.

monica6211,

Am loving the aircraft, when you view the screen shots on the Milviz site the Weather Radar is working, as you say, it must be a 4.2 problem.

I get the test screen up but when I turn the dial to WX, I get a small red line in the centre which disappears and then there is only the range markings with nothing else.

I'm guessing we will be advised of any update?

Brian

the WXR is working perfectly.  If it's not working for you, please get on our support forums.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

6 hours ago, baxterbj said:

monica6211,

Am loving the aircraft, when you view the screen shots on the Milviz site the Weather Radar is working, as you say, it must be a 4.2 problem.

I get the test screen up but when I turn the dial to WX, I get a small red line in the centre which disappears and then there is only the range markings with nothing else.

I'm guessing we will be advised of any update?

Brian

That's the way it works.  If there is no precipitation to register on the radar, you will see the range markings but no images.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

the WXR is working perfectly.  If it's not working for you, please get on our support forums.

There seems to be some conflicting information from REX per Tim's post:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47789-wx-radar-for-42-any-news/

"We sent a report of the errors we received in testing to Milviz and awaiting the resolve so we can retest."

Cheers, Rob.

The one included in the C310 is working.  The one from Rex isn't... yet.  They are still testing it.  (it's not exactly the same)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

All Good, working fine, don't know what I did, another install and I have rain on the radar.

Thanks everyone

Brian

On 3/16/2018 at 8:10 AM, Milviz said:

The one included in the C310 is working.

Is there a possible conflict with the REX/MV WX radar or AS4 6641 build?  I have the REX/MV radar disabled in my DLL.XML .. when I have the C310R redux set to F1750/650/WX via MVAMs ... with AS4 6641 running, it works fine for about 4-5 minutes then will CTD with no logs or OS event log errors.

If I set C310R to F1 750/650 only via MVAMs, then no CTDs.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

There's a conflict with AS.  We're working on a fix.

Rename MV_WX.DLL to MV_WX.BAK from within the gauge folder, this solved the CTD issue and forced usage of the MV's latest WX radar ... tested with a 1 hour or so flight, all good.

Cheers, Rob.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:10 AM, monica6211 said:

Sounds like it might be a compatibility issue with 4.2.  I'm still in 4.1 and the radar is working perfectly.

Strange things going on here.  I seem to recall a mention in another thread that the wx radar in the 310R Redux ONLY worked in 4.2.  That was certainly the case for me as I was still running 4.1 and any configuration which included the radar caused a CTD when the plane loaded.  Moved to 4.2 and all issues went away.  Note that I do NOT have the standalone REX/MV unit, only the version locked to the 310.

Scott

We currently support P3Dv2.x, P3Dv3.4, P3Dv4.2, FSX/A and FSX:SE

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator