Sign in to follow this  
BrunoAlexander

310 Redux: No Rain effect (SOLVED)

Hello,

The TrueGlass rain effect is not working. Do I have to do special adjustments or need a special gpu? And yes, its raining outside :smile:.

I have p3d 4.2 installed.

Thanks,

Alexander

Edit: Its working! I didn´t know, that I had to run the TrueRain installation file in the Milviz folder.

Edited by BrunoAlexander

Alexander

A small omission in the documentation, I expect. :dry:

Edited by StewartH

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I've been chasing that booger for a day. Just email support and I saw this post. Worked like a champ! 

Maybe bad installer...others have reported it working. 

We're going to "force" install it.  (though I do think we already do this... and some are just saying no by accident...)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I had no problem but perhaps some have an addon installed which included the base for trueglass already (like the 717) and others not? Just an idea...

Cheers

T.

Thanks for the heads up on the True glass. I am not able to get the night lighting to work in the cockpit. running no AV at this time and have reloaded the program a couple of times. Still no access to the C310 redux forum. Any suggestions or fixes?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I found that installing True Glass enabled the night lighting.  Don't know if the two are related, though.

Stew

Speaking of installing TrueGlass .. .where do we go for updates to TrueGlass or is this vendor specific?  Seems to be a "shared" common source as was not prompted or taken thru the TrueGlass installation, I thought this was because I already had it installed original via TDFi 717.  But it looks like my Maddog install from a week or so ago forced the TrueGlass installer to run even though it was found and already installed.  I didn't see any "force" install of TrueGlass during the 310R installation process, should I have?

Do we need to be careful if future aircraft releases update TrueGlass and introduce breaking changes to existing aircraft since it seems to be housed in a "common" location?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really like the added realism TrueGlass presents and hope it is used more often by the various vendors.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, kowen said:

I've been chasing that booger for a day. Just email support and I saw this post. Worked like a champ! 

Maybe bad installer...others have reported it working. 

The installer is 'forcing' the TrueGlassInstaller.exe to run passively. I'm going to remove the /passive flag so customers will have to manually click on the TG installer's GUI.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

11 minutes ago, StewartH said:

I found that installing True Glass enabled the night lighting.  Don't know if the two are related, though.

I ran the True glass installer but still no lights in the cockpit. Nice plane but lots of bugs and install glitches.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Speaking of installing TrueGlass .. .where do we go for updates to TrueGlass or is this vendor specific?  Seems to be use a "shared" common source as was not prompted or taken thru the TrueGlass installation, I thought this was because I already had it installed original via TDFi 717.  But it looks like my Maddog install from a week or so ago forced the TrueGlass installer to run even though it was found and already installed.  I didn't see any "force" install of TrueGlass during the 310R installation process, should I have?

Rob, I had our C310R Redux installer run the TrueGlassInstaller.exe in "passive" mode. This makes it fully automatic and one will not be prompted. The GUI simply appears briefly does its thing, then closes. I'm removing the "passive" flag so that the customer will see the GUI and have to click on the button to proceed.

The TrueGlass.dll is placed in the sim's ..\gauge folder so is common to all aircraft that use it. I have the installer configured to only place the gauge "if newer" so it should not overwrite any newer version, should one exist.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't know the solution to the lights problem.  I haven't encountered any bugs (so far) nor any install glitches to speak of.

Stew

On 3/17/2018 at 12:07 AM, shivers9 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the True glass. I am not able to get the night lighting to work in the cockpit. running no AV at this time and have reloaded the program a couple of times. Still no access to the C310 redux forum. Any suggestions or fixes?

you got to add this comand on your RealLight.ini (Prepar3d\gauge\Reallight\.ini) or you can make .ini file (if the file not exist)

"disable_memory_check=true" 

for tutorial check this out