Sign in to follow this  
Bob Marton

P3dV4.2 Scenery Library

I read the manual in the learning center of P3Dv4.2 regarding accessing the Scenery Library. Per that manual

"To access the Scenery Library

On the World menu, click Scenery Library...."

However, when I opened P3D V4.2 opened Options, World there was no option to access the scenery library.

Is there a way to access it with a keyboard shortcut or some other means ?

Thank you so very much

Robert

13 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

However, when I opened P3D V4.2 opened Options, World there was no option to access the scenery library.

It doesn't say that it's under Options. To the left of Options, click on World. It's at the bottom of that pop-up list.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Next to options are tabs for Flight Planner, save and Load. There is no option labeled World to the left of "Options"

Edited by Bob Marton

Not on the opening screen.  Load a flight, even the default flight, and you'll find a menu bar at the top.   Click on "World" and scroll down to "Scenery Library"

John

A small irritation--LM seems to think this is a convenient way to access the scenery library.  It's not.

• Upvote 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

10 minutes ago, hillsboy said:

Not on the opening screen.  Load a flight, even the default flight, and you'll find a menu bar at the top.   Click on "World" and scroll down to "Scenery Library"

John

When I load a flight, I do not have any options at the top of my full screen. Is there a hotkey to open that Menu?

"Alt-Shift" I think, switches from full screen to windowed mode.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Hi Bob,

Press the left <Alt> key on your keyboard and the Menu Bar will appear. Hold down the <Alt> key for a couple of seconds to make the Menu Bar disappear.

Pressing the right <Alt> along with <ENTER> will switch between the pseudo full screen and the resized smaller window. I rarely use this key combo preferring instead to select the ‘Full Screen’ option under the ‘Views’ tab of the Menu Bar. If you exit the sim while in reduced windowed mode then the sim will restart in same - useful if you wish to start, e.g. 3rd party like Active Sky for P3D v4 while the sim is running.

Regards,

Mike

Thank you  everyone. I was able to access that tab using the ALT key. Worked Like a Charm

Rob

Quick tip. It might be to your advantage to use a program like the following, so you can edit the scenery library outside the sim. The problem with adding/removeing things in the simulator is 9 times out of 10 you end up having to restart the sim to reload everything correctly anyway, plus its not very user friendly.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

4 hours ago, hillsboy said:

John

Sorry, didn't realize you were on the startup screen...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)