Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

310 Redux Autopilot

Anyone having a problem with the autopilot? Mine seems to work only intermittently. Otherwise this is another nice Milviz aircraft.

Dave

To use the AP you MUST follow the instructions EXACTLY... This is just like the real thing... touchy as he&&.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Agreed...it is touchy, but it works great after you get the hang of it.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks. I've got about 1500 hours in the real world R and am familiar with the Cessna autopilot (junk) and the S-Tek 55 (great) but I will have another read. Many thanks for the response. Really nice creation of the 310.

Dave

I am following this but maybe I am showing my age and missing something else... LOL....

MASTER AUTOPILOT POWER
The autopilot is powered when the avionics master switch is turned on. However, the functionality of the autopilot is now engaged until the pilot toggles the “AP” button on the lower-left side of the unit. To disengage the autopilot’s functions, the pilot toggles the AP button a second time (Note: the pilot will hear a warning tone any time the autopilot is toggled off deliberately or if autopilot functionality is deemed unreliable. 

You have to hold the button down for a second or two then it will come on and go through its test, also if you find yourself in some turbulent conditions it will turn itself off, just hold the AP down a bit again and it will reengage. Might have to hit the ARM again if you lost any altitude.

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007
  • Like 1

Thanks Martin. Cheers. Dave

51 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

You have to hold the button down for a second or two then it will come on and go through its test

I did that, but was unable to get it to initialize ... I have the GTN 750 set and was wondering if perhaps there is some conflict?  Perhaps I missed something else as I'm certainly not ruling out operator error.

Cheers, Rob.

Does it work in the Otter/Beaver? It's EXACTLY the same functionality.  Do not try and use it with an external addon to begin with.  If it works... then try it.

But, do remember it's not exactly a super AP.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Rob,

When the AP comes on what does it do? For now I have the aircraft start already running, and the AP goes through a PFT count down,  then the standard barometric pressure 29.92 pops up, this happens with just the avionics switched turned on. Do you see the barometric pressure? I use the RealAir Legacy as the default aircraft when I load the C310 and as mentioned above the F1GTN and default 430 work fine? However I'm using P3D 2.4 so probably not the same for v4.2? 

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

Martin, I'm running P3Dv4.1, and the AP in concert with the F1GTN 750 work as you have described.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

41 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I did that, but was unable to get it to initialize ... I have the GTN 750 set and was wondering if perhaps there is some conflict?  Perhaps I missed something else as I'm certainly not ruling out operator error.

When power is available, the KAP140 will begin a PFT test. When completed you will hear a "tone" and the BARO entry will start blinking. If no change is needed, simply click on the BARO button to accept the default 29.92" setting. Otherwise, dial in the necessary correction using the knobs, then click the BARO button.

To enable the AP, press and HOLD the AP button for a few seconds.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Martin,

I'm running P3D V4.2.  When I hit the Avionics Switch (nothing else) the GTN 750 fires up and the AP fires up with a flashing 29.92 standard reading.  I've tried holding the AP button for > 2-3 seconds and nothing happens.  Tried selecting all and any of the buttons and knobs and nothing happens ... it's as if the unit isn't responding to mouse events.

I have NOT tried this without the GTN 750, I'll experiment more when I get home tonight and report back.

Cheers, Rob.

11 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Martin,

I'm running P3D V4.2.  When I hit the Avionics Switch (nothing else) the GTN 750 fires up and the AP fires up with a flashing 29.92 standard reading.

Rob, read my reply just above this latest post. You must either accept the flashing 29.92 or adjust to the current baro pressure, then complete the initialization by clicking on the BARO button.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 3/16/2018 at 10:48 AM, n4gix said:

You must either accept the flashing 29.92

Hi Bill, responded in Milviz forums.

Cheers, Rob.