Sign in to follow this  
Torsen

C310R AP GPS coupling

Hi all,

while waiting for my official support access I thought perhaps someone here can verify the following:

GPS Default and following the AP manual instructions I turn heading to an interception course, pressing NAV button shows up NAV arm and when reaching the GPS course it turns correctly on the new course and switching to NAV only. Thats working fine like expected. Check.

F1 GTN: Same procedure, but even hitting the NAV button does not change anything. AP stays on HDG active and thats it. Not working.

RXP GNS: Same procedure, NAV arm comes on but when intercepting the course it goes to NAV but doesn't follow the GPS track. Not working.

So three different GPS setups, three different behaviors.

Perhaps someone could have a look on this please?

Otherwise what a marvelous plane. I've flown the old one quite regular but this one is a real great thing! Kudos Milviz.

Cheers

Thorsten

Any issues with the GTN units is likely due to F1.  Not us.  IF the button works... and it appears that it does... that's likely the issue.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I just exactly expected this answer ;)  I know your feelings about the F1 discussions and for some of your points I'm completely with you. But you are offering the option for integration and to be honest I expect at least that you provide a basic working set for a possible integration (like and that has to be said in addition other quality developers playing in your league actually do).

The behaivor was confirmed by other pilots in our VA too so I assume its not a problem on my side only.

And it doesn't answer the question why the RXP GNS is showing another behavior.

Cheers and Thanks

Thorsten

• Upvote 1

I have the F1 GTN750 and default GTN430 and it works fine here. Your F1GTN.ini file for the F1 GTN750 should look like this?

[GTN750.1]
Airplane=0
TAWS Voice=1
AVDB=0
Unit Type=1
Radios=0
Autopilot=1
Mouse=1
Link CRS=1
Auto CRS=1
Fuel=1
Sound=1
Invert Mouse Wheel=0
Active Mouse=1
CPU Core=0
Play Click=1
VC Brightness=9
Color Airplane=0
VFR Code=1200
Fuel Type=0

Martin

Yes Martin it is exactly looking like this. With both GPS and VLOC mode on the GTN the AP NAV doesn't do anything at all.

Cheers

Thorsten

Do you have NAV1 selected on the panel, I notice the C310 seems to default to NAV2. Sorry you're having issues.

Good luck!

Martin

Doesn't make any difference. Tested before. With the F1s active the AP NAV is not reacting.

Cheers T.

I've asked the AP coder to take a look at this.  I'm not sure that this AP allows for this... but the coder (Tomas will let you know).

Please put this on the support forums.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Sure will do as soon as I have my access granted.

Thx and cheers

T.

KAP in the C310 (HSI version) uses standard FS NAV autopilot's mode. If it works in default GPS, must work in the other units, as F1/RXP both claim their products to be full compatible with standard autopilot modes,

It's probably  a config issue with both units. Anyway I will try to check it as soon. Which sim version do you have?

Tom

2 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I have the F1 GTN750 and default GTN430 and it works fine here. Your F1GTN.ini file for the F1 GTN750 should look like this?

Martin

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

I'm not sure that this AP allows for this..

????????

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

14 hours ago, taguilo said:

KAP in the C310 (HSI version) uses standard FS NAV autopilot's mode. If it works in default GPS, must work in the other units, as F1/RXP both claim their products to be full compatible with standard autopilot modes,

It's probably  a config issue with both units. Anyway I will try to check it as soon. Which sim version do you have?

Tom

Sure thats what I thought too. I'm on v4.1. I will move this to the official support forum now.

Cheers and Thanks
Thorsten

Only the latest version of P3D v4 is supported.  You will have to update.

I'm running v4.1, and the AP and the F1GTN 750 work fine together.  How come, if I'm not using the v4.2?  I must be missing something.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

We do not provide support for anything less than the latest version because otherwise, we have to have ALL of them and test in ALL of them.

It might work, it might not.  But we only provide support for those using the latest version.

FYI, this problem has been fixed.  User error.